The White Stripes

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share a live version of one of my favorite White Stripe songs, "Ball and Biscuit":

bobbyg29

Professor of Rock n Roll
Reaction score
One of my favorite bands of all time!! Jack White is one of the most talented musicians to come along in years...guitarist, song-writer, drummer, producer of hit records (for Loretta Lynn), amazing awareness of imagery....I could go on. And I think Meg's drumming was perfect for the stripped down, garage rock style they were trying to achieve.

"Icky Thump"

"Hotel Yorba"

A Jack White guitar solo

Can't wait for The White Stripes movie coming out. Here is the trailer:
http://www.whitestripes.com/film/film.html

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I agree! Jack White is a very talented musician and I have seen the White Stripes live a couple of times - amazing concerts.

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
i dig White Blood Cells and Elephant but outside of that im kind of ehh. those two albums are pretty great but i hardly think they come close to matching up to the hype and media attention they've been given. and its not just that they had too much hype, its that the albums aren't THAT good. they're a nice little band but i'd hardly say they're the best of the decade

Zombeels

Reaction score
Love the White Stripes. I first heard them in 2001 (White Blood Cells) and I have all their albums. Not a big fan of Icky Thump but I may have to hear it again.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
i hardly think they come close to matching up to the hype and media attention they've been given. and its not just that they had too much hype, its that the albums aren't THAT good. they're a nice little band but i'd hardly say they're the best of the decade

Well there is just massive void of decent mainstream rock acts these days so the media like to hold the few that their are up on a pedestal. It's far from being The White Stripes' fault if the media has a major hard on for them.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicdude420

Members online