The White Stripes

CREAM'd

Reaction score
The White Stripes are responsible for producing one of the best albums i have ever heard, and for producing one of the worst albums i have ever heard.
One of the best being Get Behind Me Satan.
One of the worst being Icky Thump(must have listened to the album a dozen times thinkin perhaps i'd missed somethin)

The Raconteurs 2 albums i like.
I remember watching a live video of The White Stripes playing Red Rain(i think),were Megs drumming is quite bad,she also drops a stick at the end. I don't say this very often about bands, but the White Stripes for me are one of those bands that sound a lot better in the studio than they do live.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Somehow missed this thread. I love the White Stripes! It was the track Seven Nation Army that first tweaked my interest, after that I was hooked! I know Meg isn't the best drummer but like a few others have said her uncomplicated drumming style just seems to fit, and she and Jack have such chemistry they work perfectly together. If I had to choose a favourite album it would probably be Get Behind Me Satan.
Jack is a super talented guy, I think he's a fantastic guitarist and has a cracking voice. I seem to like everything he gets involved in, and think The Raconteurs are great too.

Terra812

Reaction score
Seven Nation army was also my first exposure to The White Stripes and I love their sound. One of my favorite songs is Ashtray Heart... I love the gritty garage style/ feel of the song.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^ You could have mentioned it once or twenty times Sweat ,, by the way it was you that introduced me to this band. I really like Icky Thump, Seven Nation Army and Blue Orchid great stuff.

Atrim3ntus

Reaction score
Seven Nation Army got my interested as well. One of my favorite songs is "Offend in Everyway" from White Blood Cells which is probably my favorite album. I like that song for some reason :D

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Im Finding It Harder To Be A Gentleman

whitestripes_DC_L71009.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online