The White Stripes

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
^^ That's a good song. It's a very stand out song off of "Elephant" I think.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
I've been amazed at how quickly the White Stripes turned from a band no one knew about to stars. When I first heard De Stijl back in early 2001 and shortly after saw them live, I was hooked. I thought the play between Jack and Meg really worked and Meg's lack of skills never bothered me. About a year later they broke and I've been a fan although by Icky Thump I've tired of the Jack and Meg only. They needed to expand so I've been glad Jack started both The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather.

White Stripes back in 2002
386172378_65ae1197e1.jpg

Ace of Spades

Rock On!
Reaction score
i don't care what anyone say -- i like the white stripes.

a refreshing sound and good records. can't ask for much more than that :grinthumb

they may not be for everyone -- thats ok

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
If you want to hear Jack with a "better" drummer, check out The Dead Weather. Oh wait, Jack is the drummer on that record.:heheh:

I think Meg's super simple style of playing is part of the Stripes sound. It just wouldn't be the White Stripes with a different drummer.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Exactly. Especially on their earlier albums when they have a more three chord rock style. A more complex drummer would just muddle everything up.

I really don't like The Dead Weather honestly. They're just a bunch of sound to me that I don't really care for. The only song I can stand to listen to by them is "No Hassle Night".

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
If you want to hear Jack with a "better" drummer, check out The Dead Weather. Oh wait, Jack is the drummer on that record.:heheh:

I think Meg's super simple style of playing is part of the Stripes sound. It just wouldn't be the White Stripes with a different drummer.

Wait Jack plays drums too, better then Meg? :lmao:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online