The White Stripes

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of The White Stripes. One of the better bands of the 00s (Ok, the debut came out in '99). Too bad they split up, but at least Jack White has gone on to release two outstanding solo albums and he's also been releasing some excellent records through his record label Third Man Records.

Metal Health

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of The White Stripes. One of the better bands of the 00s (Ok, the debut came out in '99). Too bad they split up, but at least Jack White has gone on to release two outstanding solo albums and he's also been releasing some excellent records through his record label Third Man Records.

Way to look on the bright side. I really love Meg's voice and drumming. Especially the drumming. I feel like she needed more of the spotlight. Jack White is too much of a stage-hog. You said Jack has released solo albums. What about Meg? Anybody know about that? I wanna hear some more of her too!:)

mrJim

Reaction score
from what I remember I don't think the spot light is Meg's style. she is also a very no nonsense drum player and singer mechanically who's style doesn't lend itself to just anything.

The combination of Meg and Jack was really a musical match made in heaven. And the fact that she was easily enamored with what they were able to attain musically, I think actually pushed Jack's creativity.

Jim

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
from what I remember I don't think the spot light is Meg's style. she is also a very no nonsense drum player and singer mechanically who's style doesn't lend itself to just anything.

You are right! According to herself, she is very shy and she suffered a bout of acute anxiety during the "Icky Thump" tour, which caused the rest of the tour to be cancelled.

As for Meg returning to music, if she does, I think it's going to be low key or perhaps only studio work.

Metal Health

Reaction score
You are right! According to herself, she is very shy and she suffered a bout of acute anxiety during the "Icky Thump" tour, which caused the rest of the tour to be cancelled.

As for Meg returning to music, if she does, I think it's going to be low key or perhaps only studio work.

That's really sad, but I would love to hear a studio album from her. :grinthumb

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Oach!!!!!!!

How the Hell did Jack White get involved in this? :wtf: :oyea:

:ec:
ICP Ft Jack White-Leck Mich Im Arsch

:heheh:

It really is atrocious isn't it!!

This article explains all...

Why Did Jack White Want to Work With Insane Clown Posse? - Amplifier

Strange kinda reason but just the type of thing that Jack White would do:)

Hi guys for some reason just never really got around to listen to an White Stripes...which album to listen to first...

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online