A couple of innovators from the prog world:

tony_levin_stickman_01.jpg

Tony Levin and the stick bass.

e3f135aa3-1.jpg

Allan Holdsworth and the synth axe.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
As Joe's put up a fine drummer here's my fave John Bonham sat at that famous Ludwig set up.

If I remember correctly, David Gilmour has that drum kit in his own recording studio in his mansion now Sox. Megadeth recorded at David's studio and Mustaine thought it was mind blowing that Bonzo's kit was intact and his drummer got to use it during their sessions.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ :bow: Nice one Garrett

If I remember correctly, David Gilmour has that drum kit in his own recording studio in his mansion now Sox. Megadeth recorded at David's studio and Mustaine thought it was mind blowing that Bonzo's kit was intact and his drummer got to use it during their sessions.

I wonder what the price tag was/is. I would love to have a knock about on them, no idea how to play but what a buzz it would be. :cheers2

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Kirk Hammett's ouija guitar is the biz!! Made by Japanese manufacturer ESP guitars.

ESP Black M-II - Ouija (KH-2)

Fast Eddie

Reaction score
Jimi Hendrix's 3 favorite Axes

first his 1968 fender strats

this was supposedly his absolute favorite guitar
"Black Beauty"

BlackStratpic2.jpg

here he is with her in one of the last photos taken of him on his last full day on this planet

tumblr_kp0bxoYzx51qzdulpo1_500.jpg

The Blonde Woodstock Strat

3955205299_ae630e8ac8_o.jpg

Jimi-sideshot-for-gear2.jpg

His 67' Gibson Flying V(he used this for his blues numbers during his last tour)

HENDRIX_JIMI_FLYING_V_GUITAR_051855_png.jpg

Jimi+Hendrix+_+live.jpg

Last edited:

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Nice one Powerage .. Is that the Green Tele that Francis had to repaint ?

Joe that looks like a tidy Piece of Kit and I know Mr Chambers Knows his way around it. :grinthumb

As Joe's put up a fine drummer here's my fave John Bonham sat at that famous Ludwig set up.

Not sure about the repainting part mate. I got a very close up look at the guitars Quo use on tour in November 2010 and Francis' green tele still has the sanded down finish on the back where he's never finished painting it. It was originally black, but he took the finish off. Rossi says at the time he was into cleaning up furniture, and he set about painting the guitar in the green he was using at that particular time.

It also has a hole drilled in it! Heard conflicted reports as too why they were put there, I guess only Francis really knows!

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^ That's it I knew I read somewhere he had a hand in the paint job. I got to see Quo in '84 at Milton Keynes Bowl it was a fantastic day out and they were on cracking form. :cheers2

I should like to get my hands on those guitars Tray and Fast Eddie, great stuff. :grinthumb

Here's one of my fave bass players, Chris Squire with that Rickenbacker.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
^^ That's it I knew I read somewhere he had a hand in the paint job. I got to see Quo in '84 at Milton Keynes Bowl it was a fantastic day out and they were on cracking form. :cheers2

I should like to get my hands on those guitars Tray and Fast Eddie, great stuff. :grinthumb

Here's one of my fave bass players, Chris Squire with that Rickenbacker.

I wish to own a Rickenbacker bass, but they don't make left handed, dammit!
Powerful sound for prog rockers.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indomoraltales123

Members online