The Stooges (Official Thread)

Fabio

Reaction score
Mythological band, any album is a rock music milestone.
Raw Power is the essence of what we call punk imho.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I know a lot of people love "Fun House" and their debut but the only studio album by the Stooges that really grabs me is "Raw Power". The production that David Bowie put on that record just makes it sound so much more (pardon the pun) powerful.

rtbuck

Reaction score
I know a lot of people love "Fun House" and their debut but the only studio album by the Stooges that really grabs me is "Raw Power". The production that David Bowie put on that record just makes it sound so much more (pardon the pun) powerful.

Nothing wrong with that...Raw Power is my favorite of the Stooges but I feel the first 2 albums had a lot of good tunes. Now I Wanna be Your Dog, No Fun, TV Eye, Dirt, 1970, & Down on the Street are personal favs from the first 2 records

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I can agree with that. There are some great songs on those first two albums but as a whole I think they're aren't quite as good from an album stance and not a song to song one.

mrJim

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that...Raw Power is my favorite of the Stooges but I feel the first 2 albums had a lot of good tunes. Now I Wanna be Your Dog, No Fun, TV Eye, Dirt, 1970, & Down on the Street are personal favs from the first 2 records
I have always favored the first 2 over Raw Power. I always thought Raw Power was a better rock and roll album. but the first 2 were to me were much iconic raw creations raw young creativity and fact that they were rough and a bit flawed made them spectacular to me.

I let my listening be judge. I listen to and enjoy Raw Power but I will always go back to and return to the first albums.

but as I said I like'em all without a doubt :bow:

Jim

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
I love the first three for different reasons. Down in the Street just makes me wanna drive fast! Funhouse probably gets the most play here.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online