The Stooges (Official Thread)

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score
Re: The Stooges

Just scored my wife the "Live in 1970" Semi-official LP, recorded here in St. Louis, for Christmas.

Only one we need at this point is Funhouse.

Giannis JB

Reaction score
Burn: Iggy Pop's new song!

This is the new single "Burn" of Iggy Pop and the Stooges! The forthcoming new "Ready to Die" will be released at April 30 via Fat Possum.

Enjoy!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

This is the new single "Burn" of Iggy Pop and the Stooges! The forthcoming new "Ready to Die" will be released at April 30 via Fat Possum.

Enjoy!

Moved your post here to bump and restore the Official Stooges thread! We have an Iggy one as well.

:grinthumb

Born to Lose

Reaction score
I am the world's forgotten boy...
the one who searches and destroys
:rock:

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
I haven't listened to The Stooges in awhile. But I always liked the band. Really love the Fun House album. This is one of my favourites. I seen them on the reunion tour. It was a decent show back in 2007

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Saw them perform all of Raw Power at Hammersmith Apollo a few years back. Mental show.

laverc

█ █ █ █ █
Reaction score
Their first album is an all time favorite of mine. I think it was revolutionary, it took garage rock to a new level, musically and lyrically closer to what they would call "punk" in the 70s. And besides having a better general recording quality than anything (in the same "vein") that came before it, it stills sounds powerful when compared to many things that came after this.

I like raw power, too, but i think it's another stuff, more on the iggy and Williamson side, and prefer the sound of the original stooges on the first two albums.

One thing i really miss about the Stooges is that they never recorded a good show in the old days to make an album out of it... I think it could be amazing.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online