The Smashing Pumpkins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
:bump:

I think I'll bump this every month simply because their is no band that deserves to be whored out more IMO!

My favorite song period:

Mayonaise

Mayonaise Live

Mayonaise Live Acoustic
(my favorite music moment on VHS/DVD, such a natural performance)

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
:bump:

I think I'll bump this every month simply because their is no band that deserves to be whored out more IMO!

My favorite song period:

Mayonaise

Mayonaise Live

Mayonaise Live Acoustic
(my favorite music moment on VHS/DVD, such a natural performance)

I love that version of Mayonaise live the first one, sounds so badass and raw

Reaction score
I just sat down and listened to Mellon Collie all the way through while doing school work last night.....twice, it was long... but very worth it, I've never listened to it all the way through before, that whole album(or multiple albums however you want to look at it) flows together so nicely

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score
I love "1979"! Other than that, there isn't much from them that I was too big on. I was introduced to "Cherub Rock" through a Guitar Hero game, and it's one of my favorites alongside 1979. Can't think of any other songs off the top of my head atm though :p

Reaction score
I love "1979"! Other than that, there isn't much from them that I was too big on. I was introduced to "Cherub Rock" through a Guitar Hero game, and it's one of my favorites alongside 1979. Can't think of any other songs off the top of my head atm though :p

Check out this insane mother of an album review(provided by Soot and Stars) http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3340

I always liked "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" but 1979 is what broguht me back into them, that seems to be the hook song for a lot of folks

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score
Check out this insane mother of an album review(provided by Soot and Stars) http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3340

I always liked "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" but 1979 is what broguht me back into them, that seems to be the hook song for a lot of folks
That was a good read! (well written Soot :grinthumb)
I think 1979 was their most commercially successful song, it's the only one I can ever recall hearing on the radio or seeing on MTV.

Reaction score
I've never watched MTV, I remember hearing a good amount of songs off Mellon Collie, Tonight, Tonight, Bullet with Butterfly Wings(I always thought it was just called"rat in a cage" lol) umm... Jellybelly, and a few more off of Siamese Dream....that station did play a lot of great stuff at the time though, so that could have been it too:heheh:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

That was a good read! (well written Soot :grinthumb)
I think 1979 was their most commercially successful song, it's the only one I can ever recall hearing on the radio or seeing on MTV.

Thanks a for both the plug Eberg and the compliment Pink! :grinthumb I would almost say, as I rarely look at sales figures, that Tonight, Tonight seemed to be their commercial prime as it got them the main focus on MTVs Video Awards and that was when MTV still played music. The Smashing Pumpkins actually were the main focus of the show and that really amazes me. MTV may be mocked now but it still represents the top of the heap and for SP to dominate on even one year is a milestone itself. Anyway, Tonight, Tonight with it's awesomely unique video was what they performed and won the awards for! :grinthumb

Them opening The 1996 MTV Video Music Awards

and of course the original video

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Good band! From My Hometown...I remember when the Pumpkins were a local band!

Good stuff...Billy is a nice guy!! He's a Cheap trick fan too!! :grinthumb

All my favorites have been posted already including Tonight Tonight and Disarm :wa:

But they're great songs!! :grinthumb

d3284310fca09730951c5010.L._AA240_.jpg

0b0a124128a04d34a72a8010.L._AA240_.jpg

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
Their first record is by far their hardest and IMO, their best. I like parts of all their records but Gish is the one I still crank up from end to end!

72640238_d6909f6050.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online