The Smashing Pumpkins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion

Reaction score
How about the smashing pumpkins ??? :) Let's talk about them a little...

Smashing_Pumpkins_The_Zeitgeist.jpg

The Smashing Pumpkins are an American alternative rock band that formed in Chicago, Illinois in 1988. The year I was born. (many great things happened back then...)

I really can't be more complete than Wiki, so here is the link: The Smashing Pumpkins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The part about their influences is nice.

But what about their music??? This band is very hard to talk about because every album is a little bit different... Their variety is huge. Even sticking to one album it's hard to find just 1 song that says it all...

For example here is "1979" - album: mellon collie and the infinite sadness

It's a great song..
And so is "Bodies", on the same album.

Normally and generally you wouldn't expect that big of a variety on one album. But it still all fits perfectly...
(I could be mistaking and these 2 songs might sound the same to you, but it is my post and I can say whatever I want.. Why ? Because I can. :p )

1012_1214285015.gif

As for Siamese dream an other album, the music remains a bit the same, but the general feel you get by listening to the music changes.
For example "disarm" is the best song they have in my opinion... (no sain person would agree with me)

You feel the different vibe ? I do :) That's why I love this song.
On the same album we have Mayonaise (people would agree more easely if I said this is their best song) but most people know it so I'll post a third song from siamese dream to end this topic:
AND NO it won't be cherub rock..

Today:

If you don't have any of their music and you like these samples i advise you to start a buying-frenzy.
It is relaxing, well lyriced (is it possible to say something is well lyriced ?? :D) and just plain good music.

Put on their albums in your car when driving to work and you won't avoid traffic jams, you'll try to end up in them instead.

Smashing-Pumpkins-Tarantula-405430.jpg

Reaction score
one of the few newer (well newer compared to what i usually listen to) that I like a lot
I love the video to 1979 though, its just really perfect for the song

Zombeels

Reaction score
I like Siamese Dream, Pisces Iscariot and Mellon Collie but I must admit Billy Corgan's voice irritates me after one or 2 songs. They're good on shuffle or a mixed tape / CD but sitting through a whole album is painful.

Reaction score
I like Siamese Dream, Pisces Iscariot and Mellon Collie but I must admit Billy Corgan's voice irritates me after one or 2 songs. They're good on shuffle or a mixed tape / CD but sitting through a whole album is painful.

I really like his voice on most stuff, some of the stuff they try to be heavier than I think they should, it just doesn't sound right, but the not so heavy stuff I love his voice, but then again I also like Black Oak Arkansas soooo......

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Smashing-Pumpkins-Tarantula-405430.jpg

Is that Paris Hilton? (Is she spelling her first name "Perez" now?) I didn't know she'd been with the Smashing Pumpkins. Has she left the band?

Oblivion

Reaction score
Is that Paris Hilton? (Is she spelling her first name "Perez" now?) I didn't know she'd been with the Smashing Pumpkins. Has she left the band?

On July 2, a single was released on CD and 7" in the UK, both containing the b-side "Death From Above". Both covers have a black-and-white photo of Paris Hilton holding a BlackBerry with the Zeitgeist album cover on the screen, and a low-resolution image of a mushroom cloud in the background. A separate 7" was released in a clear plastic sleeve on white vinyl.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantula_(The_Smashing_Pumpkins_song)

She has nothing to do with the smashing pumpkins other then them making fun of her.

F

FoxyPage

LMAO.

Loved them back in the day, and then they started to suck pretty badly. Too bad because they were amazing.

Ava Adore was an awesome song and video, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Staff online

Members online