The Ramones (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I will have to check out that documentry Sweaty. I haven't listened to ''It's Alive'' in a while, great album, full of energy. I did a DVD rip of the 1978-09-13 Germany part of the DVD and have it on my player. I did a Rip of ''Wart Hog'' from the same DVD and it's my alarm ringtone, no hope of sleeping through that one.

It is called, "evidently John Cooper Clarke" :)

Dr Chocolate

Reaction score
RAMONES could very well be the first punk band i ever got into
thanks to my parents renting Rock N Roll High School on bETA way back in the day

i just finished reading ON THE ROAD WITH THE RAMONES which was writing by their tour manager. and i'm amazed about what i did not know about them. and now i really question, am i fan. i cannot believe how much of a dick Johnny is. never knew Joey had mental problems. and how Dee Dee kept writing tunes for the band even when he wasn't in it. or just how hard every drummer has had it. Tommy may have started it, but it took quite a bit to keep the others up to speed.

i do like the part where Johnny gave Green Day a hardtime during some award ceremony where "Billy isn't playing it the correct way" which i never knew that Johnny was all downstroke.

great book. i got the updated edition, which includes the post Ramones death's

i guess, i'm still a fan. i've always said i wanted to be buried in a Ramones shirt.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I have the book but like most of my books they take time to read as I am always working, at gigs or listening to tunes, I will one day read it. I knew about the band from stuff I read over the years, still a great band:)

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
Just giving their second album a spin.I really love their early stuff.There are some cool trax on their later works too
ramonesgif.gif

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
All their albums have something special IMO, shame that they are not around anymore, I miss them on the live circuit. I see there is a load of live stuff being released, I will be looking at some of these.

CurtRHCP

Reaction score
Yeah, the clip is very nice. (the song is cool too)

I see poorest clips of bands from nowadays. Technology does nothing 'till you don't have a good idea. And this clip is really good.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online