The Moody Blues (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Sounds interesting Martin, let me know what you think of it After you get hold of a copy.:)

Hey LG. This is what I have.
A Question Of Balance, Days Of Future Passed, Every Good Boy Deserves Favour, In Search Of The Lost Chord, Live At The Isle Of Wight Festival 1970, Long Distance Voyager, Octave, On The Threshold Of A Dream, Seventh Sojourn, The Magnificent Moodies, To Our Children's Children's Children. I think that's their first 10 studio albums. I will check out "The Present" and if it's a keeper then I will see about gettin' it :cheers2

That's a good collection CREAM'd not a duffer in the lot.:hab: I have all of their studio albums on CD, but have been trying to get my favorites on vinyl.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
So I finally got a copy of the Montreux 1991 performance and I don't get some of the negative reviews on this one.

I really liked it?? What's wrong with it?? :wtf: :grinthumb :cheers2

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Surprised this song got overlooked:

Mike Pinder also did it solo, but for some reason I like The Moody Blues version.

Another great song which no-one mentioned I don't think:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Both good songs CP/M, the Moodies have become one of my favorite bands over the years, especially their early material.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
^^Both good songs CP/M, the Moodies have become one of my favorite bands over the years, especially their early material.

:D The Actor is an amazing song, I've heard people say "In Search of the Lost Chord" is the most dated of the early Moody Blues albums (they must of excluded The Magnificent Moodies or overlooked it), but when I hear "The Actor", the last thing I'm thinking about is "Geez, this sounds so 1968!", they could of stuck it on the Blue Jays album in 1975 and no-one would of known any better :D But I love their "Lost Chord" album and it was probably quite important that the band made that shift from "The Magnificent Moodies" to "Days of Future Passed", otherwise new generations might of overlooked them. :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I picked up a vinyl copy of "In Search of the Lost Chord" last year which is one of my "must have" Moodie's albums. I have everything they've done on CD, but wanted my favorites on wax...love the artwork on their albums.

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
The Red Rocks performance in 1992 is my favorite video. I attended their concert at the Concord Pavilion two weeks later and it was fantastic.

The Moody Blues - I Know You're Out There Somewhere

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Always been a tremendous fan of the Moodies' late sixties/early seventies works.My favorite is probably "Lost Chord" but they all shine brilliantly in their psych/prog-rock glories.Most recently,I've been into "Every Good Boy" and ITS wonderous tracks.I was also most dutifully impressed with their earlier Denny Laine R&B tracks.Their exclusion from the hall of fame remains a mystery to serious rock connoisseurs.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I've given up trying to sort out the politics/criteria the HOF uses to decide who gets in.

I wished Great Britain had their Own HOF,,,I'd wager it would have a lot of the bands I respect already inducted. Just a thought.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online