The Moody Blues (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
My mum got me into The Moody Blues when she bought this K-Tel compilation album. I loved it.

OutOfThisWorld.jpeg

THE MOODY BLUES

OUT OF THIS WORLD

SIDE ONE
1. Nights in White Satin (Justin Haywood)
From Days of Future Passed

2. Question (Justin Haywood)
From A Question of Balance

3. Ride My See Saw (John Lodge)
From In Search Of the Lost Chord

4. Tuesday Afternoon (Justin Haywood)
Aka Part 1 of Forever Afternoon (Tuesday?)
From Days of Future Passed

5. The Story In Your Eyes (Justin Haywood)
From Every Good Boy Deserves a Favour

6. Isn’t Life Strange (John Lodge)
From Seventh Sojourn

7. Steppin’ In a Slide Zone (John Lodge)
From Octave

SIDE TWO

1. I’m Just a Singer (In a Rock and Roll Band) (John Lodge)
From Seventh Sojourn

2. Voices In the Sky (Justin Haywood)
From In Search Of the Lost Chord

3. Floating (Ray Thomas) X
From To Our Children’s Children’s Children

4. Eyes of a Child (John Lodge) X
From To Our Children’s Children’s Children

5. New Horizons (Justin Haywood)
From Seventh Sojourn

6. Driftwood (Justin Haywood)
From Octave

7. Lovely to See You (Justin Haywood)
From On the Threshold of a Dream

8. Melancholy Man (Mike Pinder)
From A Question of Balance

K-tel International (UK) Ltd 1979
NE 1051
Compiled in association with Threshold and Decca

That's not a bad compilation at all, have to say I did a double take reading the old K-tel label but not all of their releases were rubbish.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
The famous K-Tel records were the first ones in the early seventies based on stars of the nineteen-fifties. I remember a friend and I seeing one of those albums in a shop window and the songs may have been listed on the front of the sleeve, as we both starting singing The Yellow Rose of Texas at the same time . . . and then looked at each other and laughed! It's funny how you remember little things like that from about forty+ years ago.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
The compilation is good and I've reproduced it with mp3 files from the albums. I had to cheat with one track which was a single version.

Bonham'ssqueakypedal

Reaction score
I had a couple of k-tel albums but not that MB one.

I'm a pretty big MB fan even though I only saw them live once which was in 1988 with Jack Bruce(of Cream fame)opening up. I remember them doing most of their well known songs as well as "talking out of turn" and "new horizons" which I thought was cool.

CREAM'd

Reaction score
A Question Of Balance - Days Of Future Passed - In Search Of The Lost Chord - On The Threshold Of A Dream are four great albums.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
A Question Of Balance - Days Of Future Passed - In Search Of The Lost Chord - On The Threshold Of A Dream are four great albums.

4 top shelf albums indeed CREAM'd, my favorite remains "On The Threshold Of A Dream" something about that record resonates with me.

Also picked up "Octave" and "The Present" recently at one of my 2nd hand vinyl shops, both of them are good even though they are different from their early works.

Steppin' In A Slide Zone from Octave.

Khor1255

Reaction score
One of the cooler things about The Moodies is that when they play live they play what the crowd came there to see. I have seen them probably more than any other live famous band.

CREAM'd

Reaction score
4 top shelf albums indeed CREAM'd, my favorite remains "On The Threshold Of A Dream" something about that record resonates with me.

Also picked up "Octave" and "The Present" recently at one of my 2nd hand vinyl shops, both of them are good even though they are different from their early works.

Steppin' In A Slide Zone from Octave.

Hey LG. This is what I have.
A Question Of Balance, Days Of Future Passed, Every Good Boy Deserves Favour, In Search Of The Lost Chord, Live At The Isle Of Wight Festival 1970, Long Distance Voyager, Octave, On The Threshold Of A Dream, Seventh Sojourn, The Magnificent Moodies, To Our Children's Children's Children. I think that's their first 10 studio albums. I will check out "The Present" and if it's a keeper then I will see about gettin' it :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online