The end of Motley Crue?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^It seems to be a common theme with old bands, they are like the energizer bunny keep going and going and going....;) Sometimes they surprise you with a very good record, other times put on a fantastic live show. I guess every band has to decide when to give it up collectively, and even then many times one of the founding members will take the band on tour with replacement musicians while the rest of the original cast go off to do other things.

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
Kiss have been plying this trade for years and I'll bet it's Motley's game. Kiss have released at least two "final" albums, even one adorned with "The Final Sessions" and launched numerous final tours. That final sessions album was Carnival of Souls...in 1997 and there're still going and still releasing albums (another in 2012) and still touring.

I saw Motley Crue live in the UK two years ago and they still had plenty of energy live (excepting Mick Mars who as you probably know has health issues). Musically, I think The Dirt autobiography breathed a bit of life into the old dog, as bits of Saints of Los Angeles weren't too bad.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.