The end of Motley Crue?

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

Only yesterday, Vince Neil was telling the media that the Motley Crue’s upcoming Vegas romp might be the start of their farewell. Now today, word comes in from bassist Nikki Sixx that, though a farewell may be in the cards at some point, it might be a long goodbye.

“This is the beginning of what will be the biggest probably four to five years of the band’s career,” Sixx told Rolling Stone. “We’re negotiating with a couple of other extremely huge bands on doing a co-headline tour, something that’s never happened before.”

Nikki also says that new music might be on the horizon as well. “We’re a hundred percent engaged,” he said. “We’re sounding better than we’ve ever sounded musically.” And as if that wasn’t enough, it could soon be lights, camera, action for the Crue as well. A proposed film based on the band’s best selling autobiography, ‘The Dirt,’ appears to be in the works. “The wheels are in motion for getting the Motley Crue movie made now,” he said. “We finally got everything in order the way it needs to be done, and that’s gonna happen.”

But what of Vince’s talk, as previously reported, that he’s been “thinking about my future, and that future might not include Motley Crue after Vegas?” Sixx tries to put it all into perspective: “The band sat down and had a powwow as brothers and friends and guys who’ve been doing this for over 30 years, and we said, ‘When is it time? We’ve always said since we were kids we didn’t want to hobble in to the sunset. So after the movie, at some point – whether it’s within a year or a few years – we’re probably gonna have that conversation about maybe it’s time, maybe it’s time to go out on top.”

So perhaps we will have to wait and see how it all unfolds. For the time being, Motley fans, it seems the carnival of the Crue may continue for a while yet. “We’re really proud of what we’ve done,” Sixx says. “Whether critics like us or not, whether we’ve won Grammys or not, whether any of that stuff, we’re proud that we did it on our own terms.”

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
"though a farewell may be in the cards at some point, it might be a long goodbye."

I wonder how many bands are going to use this as a way to gain interest..:peek
Funny.. I've kinda lost touch with these guys after their last CD.. I really liked Nikki's Herion Diaries CD and the book.. They had a good run.. Just split up and do some solo stuff.. why not..

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I doubt it's gonna happen anytime soon,they are negotiating with KISS for their Monster tour.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Plus.. What kind of shape is Mick Mars in?? I thought with his physical ailments they would have replaced him or ditched a long time ago..

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
They've been up here constantly the last few years.

Slip is right sounds like "The Who" strategy to me...create a buzz among your fans both hardcore and casual and increase the bands profile.

Doesn't matter to me, I have their two best records and that's enough.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Meh. They haven't made great music for a long time. New Tattoo was not bad but the rest was just poor since Dr Feelgood.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Every 80s glam band sounds at least somethhing like Sweet. They are the Black Sabbath of girly metal.

Only good.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online