The Doors: Legends or Not?

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
Ofcourse they're legends. I love them and they're into my 5 fav bands. Long time ago, when I was kid, when I walked in my cousin's room there was big poster of Jim Morrison in his famouse shirtless pose and everytime I looked at it, it thought it was really badass, you could feel that epicness just by looking at their photos. Jim Morrison is unique persona that made huge impact not just on music, but poetry.

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
Ofcourse they're legends. I love them and they're into my 5 fav bands. Long time ago, when I was kid, when I walked in my cousin's room there was big poster of Jim Morrison in his famouse shirtless pose and everytime I looked at it, it thought it was really badass, you could feel that epicness just by looking at their photos. Jim Morrison is unique persona that made huge impact not just on music, but poetry.

While I agree he was a superb poet and had a big impact on music, I think saying he had an influence on poetry is a bit of a stretch

CREAM'd

Reaction score
Is there any examples of his great poetic ability's available here(on the forum)?
Perhaps one of the Doors fans on the forum,could post up one of his finer poems?

Last edited:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Anytime a movie is made about your band, that generally puts you into the Legend category, even if I liked Val Kilmer a little better in Batman Forever and Island of Dr. Moreau :grinthumb

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
There are 3 bands whose albums will never be in my collection. The Doors are one of them.

But I'll stop there and not get into the whole "Can't stand the Doors" diatribe.:D

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
There are 3 bands whose albums will never be in my collection. The Doors are one of them.

I used to have a live record of theirs in my collection which I played on the radio a lot a long time ago when I was first starting out. Can't even remember the title of it nowadays, but that was gifted to me by a collector I knew. That baby was the casualty of theft, which is how I lost it.

I doubt I'll have anything else by them anytime soon. Not because I don't like them but because there are a good 25-30 other albums I'd like to pick up first.

CREAM'd

Reaction score

But I'll stop there and not get into the whole "Can't stand the Doors" diatribe.:D

Just because I'm really nosey,could you name the other 2:)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't answer the main question.
At some point yes, they are legend. Doors came out with their first album in 1967 crediting as "pioneer of psychedelic rock". However I prefer Doors blues era (Morisson Motel - L.A. Woman).

CREAM'd

Reaction score
Well, since you asked...:D

Kiss and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Thanks,that's my curiosity satisfied:)
I don't really know much about Kiss's music(apart from they wear face make-up and Gene Simmons sticks his tongue out a lot,and sells a lot of band branded merchandise)
You mean,the Red Hot every song sounds the same Chili Peppers,the lead singers style of vocals is soooooooooooo anoying,haven't really heard much about them in a while,thank god.

To answer the question about the Doors being legends or not,yes I think they probably are legands,wether that status is deserved or not is a different thing.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online