The Cars (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: The Cars

"Moving in Stereo" is the song that really taught me what Stereo sound was all about.....I adore that song.

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score

The Cars were just such a cool pop punk unit..great band

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score

It's All I can Do has an amazing guitar solo

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Sorry ThinLizzyFan, I never did see the Cars as anything but a "New Wave" rock band. They were boring live when I saw them, very disappointing.

But they did have some great studio albums.

Reaction score

Sorry ThinLizzyFan, I never did see the Cars as anything but a "New Wave" rock band. They were boring live when I saw them, very disappointing.

we're not having this new wave discussion again, LG!:lmao:
I've heard the same thing about them live from everyone... my guitar teacher absolutely hates them, but he has a new found respect for Elliot Easton, he really is a great guitarist, very underrated:D
he plays very quick and accurately, and moves around the instrument a whole hell of a lot:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

What discussion is that?? The Cars are not and have never been a punk rock band, I know I was there when they came on the scene,,,simple songs with lots of 80's synthesizers, love/pop songs, and you have a recipe for a successful rock band...in a Sea of hard core punk rock bands.

There was no energy at the show, the bassist and keyboard player were the only ones interested in performing, I thought they should have offered us a refund or given us a free tour, hell the Tubes blew them off the stage when they opened.

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score

no problem.. I enjoyed them... I guess "new wave" fits them too..

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

I don't think the Cars were punk either. Punk implies guitars, not synthesizers.

:huh:

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

no problem.. I enjoyed them... I guess "new wave" fits them too..

No offense intended TLF, but I always thought of them as exactly that..."New Wave", fits them like a glove.

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score

I guess at this time Blondie, Talking Heads, and Elvis Costello.... all hit at about the same time...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online