The Cars (Official Thread)

taha

Reaction score
Re: The Cars

You did him a favour. He clearly needed a better one!

:D

BTW, which album or song were you playing?

:huh:

Let the Good Times Roll, to bad it wasn't (((shAke it uP ))) :tongue:

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

I really liked the Cars alot, we all laughed back in the late 70's when some people thought they were a Punk band...:heheh:...
That was a weird time back then. I remember The Cars came out right around the same time a lot of other new bands did and no one knew quite what to think of them. I guess we classified them by what radio station we heard them on - the rock stations or the independant underground station playing newly signed bands out of New York (and NY was mecca for Punk/Post-Punk in the U.S. back then).

So along with The Cars there was also Tom Petty, Dire Straits, Talking Heads and Blondie. Then just a year or two later would be Devo, The Police and The B52's. As does water, they all eventually found their own level.

Reaction score

We need a punk/early new wave/post punk forum don't we?:heybaby::heheh:

I will bring this up with the rest of the team :D
I think I can get something in the works here, so many great bands, 70s, 80s, 90s, and early 2000s, I consider The Cars a punk band though, everyone makes fun of me for putting them in with punk groups, even the people that didn't allow the genre definition to change to what it is now, but the forum could thrive, I'll have to whip out the archives of my seventh grade year :)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Is Foxhound a Punk boy :lmao:

J/K fox!!

I hate the genre title "new Wave". WTH is new wave. To me The Cars is more of an art rock, pop rock band aong with alot of the bands KMET mentioned......Talking Heads, Devo, Blondie, B-52's, etc.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I disagree Zombeels I have everything up through Door to Door and there are a few tracks worthy of the "Hidden Gems" thread! :grinthumb

But I can see where you are coming from in terms of previous titles.

Nothing compares to the excitement I felt on the first album! The debut rocks the house down!!

Reaction score

Is Foxhound a Punk boy :lmao:

J/K fox!!

I hate the genre title "new Wave". WTH is new wave. To me The Cars is more of an art rock, pop rock band aong with alot of the bands KMET mentioned......Talking Heads, Devo, Blondie, B-52's, etc.
These are the bands I get made fun of for calling punk, its raw energy, against what rock n roll was at the time, rebellious, loud, fast, and snotty(someone better get this reference:heheh:)

Rocker440

Reaction score

The cars sound great in stereo! And "Moving in Stereo" is my favourite number by the Cars!

:rock:

Ditto on both for me as well! I really enjoy the first album. "Moving in Stereo" has one of the coolest sounding vibes. The bass and vocals are both great, and the excellent synthesizers add to the overall great vibe! Great tunes! :mn:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online