The Cars (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: The Cars

That's nice to know, Foxy. We will definitely make sure you have a rubber knife in your pocket at all times! :D

F

FoxyPage

It's mostly because of Ric Ocasek. I just can't stand him. I don't know if it's his big ears or just his annoying voice....probably both, lol.

runtfan

Reaction score

I remember when The Cars first came out I thought they were alot of fun - great tunes! I was really into their first two albums. I had a couple of others but they never really grabbed me like the first two did. All my favorite Cars tunes are on the first two although there's a few I liked after that.
I had always heard that the Cars were a really lousy live band and the few live videos I've seen led me to believe it's true, BUT I saw The New Cars a couple of years ago and they were fabulous. Adding veterans like Todd Rundgren, Kasim Sulton, and Prairie Prince did wonders for their live show.
Even though Roc Ocasek wrote most of the material, I never cared much for him - I was always into Benjamin Orr, Elliott Easton, and Greg Hawkes.
Greg Hawkes has been touring for a while now as part of Todd Rundgren's band and I'm guessing that won't change much since Todd likes to keep using the guys he knows best.Hawkes is a handy guy to have around.

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score

Love Elliot Easton. His solo's are so concise and perfect. The song Candy-O is a prime example. That song is so cool. The way it segways from Shoo Be Doo into that killer riff and monotone keyboard. And with Ric Okasek's vocals sounding especially dark - great stuff. Think I'll crank it while I get ready for work this morning.
Thanks guys.

taha

Reaction score

I forgot, I blew a guys stereo up cranking the Cars

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

You did him a favour. He clearly needed a better one!

:D

BTW, which album or song were you playing?

:huh:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

FoxyPage said:
The Cars make me want to stab someone.

Well that certainly cuts to the chase.

:lmao:

That's what I like about Foxy though. She doesn't do any fence sitting. She comes down hard on one side or the other.

:D

Zombeels

Reaction score

Here is a rating of their albums

The Cars Great album. One of the best albums of all time. Not a bad song on the album 10/10

Candy-O Good Album About 5 great songs 7/10

Panorama A few good songs with nice experimentation but a lot of filler 5/10

Shake It Up The title track was OK but the rest of the album was forgettable. 3/10

Heartbeat City Amazing clean production and a half dozen great songs. Only drawback is the album is aged. 7.5/10

Door To Door Pure crap, don't even bother. 0/10

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nice list Zombeels, but mine would be a little different, I knew you liked the first one the most since the cover has been on display since I joined here.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online