The Biggest Jerk In Music?

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
To support the Axl Rose nomination as "jerk".....

google: Axl Rose fights. He loves to duke it out.

Also, if Diana Ross is nominated for her unique and eccentric demands placed upon her staff, Axl Rose can also be placed on the "Jerk" list for his demands.

Here is video evidence from James Hetfield:

:uc:

Well Axl is the golden boy the hard rock prima donna, no doubt about that. :heheh:

But with that video I think both Lars and Baz are pretty big jerks too.

He got sued by fans of that concert for a bad performance.

Can you actually do that? Because if so then there is a band or two that I wouldn't mind getting my money back from.

gguerra

Reaction score
Well I may get a lot of backtalk on this but I nominate Ted Nugent.. I just saw him the other night (Monday) and he just would not shut up with all the political B.S.. I mean it went on and on. Buy your kids a machine gun and stuff like that.. I'm all for gun rights and whatever but I did not pay to hear a lot of political B.S.. I paid to hear music. Shut up and play.. If I remember correctly when I saw GNR in 1989, Axl Rose did a lot of the same.

BTW, I do like Ted's music (some of it anyway)

elfranco

Reaction score
Well, I read evrything posted here and have no opinion. I have no nomination. I have nothing to add. Why? Because at 57 YOA, I am socked into the music I've listened to for years. I have seen jerks come and go and it doesn't affect. The reason for that is probably that I do not listen to them. Axl Rose's talent is lost on me as I have tuned him out. Like so many other assholes, jit bags, poop chutes, f-offs and many other colorful slang for someone distasteful. I predicted that Amy Winehouse would fall flat on her face. I feel only pity for people like this because most of them have had their day in the sun and wasted their gifts. That being said, I'll end by saying I hope you all have a nice day. Waste of time, wasn't it?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nothing much to add seeing OVH posted my pick of this litter of musical miscreants in his OP.:grinthumb

(Axl Rose, in case you hadn't guessed.)

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Well I may get a lot of backtalk on this but I nominate Ted Nugent.. I just saw him the other night (Monday) and he just would not shut up with all the political B.S.. I mean it went on and on.

Really....now you know how I feel about all the far left musicians giving political speeches at their concerts. There's tons more far left muscians in rock music, so Ted is just giving it back and sticking up for what's right. :D

Go Ted!!!

(Don't agree with everything Ted says, but a lot of the times, he tells it like it is.) :grinthumb

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
Really....now you know how I feel about all the far left musicians giving political speeches at their concerts. There's tons more far left muscians in rock music, so Ted is just giving it back and sticking up for what's right. :D

Go Ted!!!

(Don't agree with everything Ted says, but a lot of the times, he tells it like it is.) :grinthumb

Well said GM.:grinthumb

The Dixie Chicks come to mind.:bonk::heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Free speech can be a biatch...the Chicks had a huge backlash over their comments, and considering their biggest fan demographic is also more right wing politically it took them a long time to get back to where they were.

I prefer politics in the songs themselves to the artists using a live performance as a platform to get their own opinion out there. Guns of Brixton, Sunday Bloody Sunday are a couple of "Corkers" that tell you everything you need to know about a real historical event.

I do think people of any stripe have the right to say whatever they want, publicly or privately, as long as it's not hate mongering etc.,,,if I was running things Politically Correct would be toast, and No censorship of print or video whatsoever decide for yourselves what you and your family want to read or watch.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Free speech can be a biatch...the Chicks had a huge backlash over their comments, and considering their biggest fan demographic is also more right wing politically it took them a long time to get back to where they were.

I prefer politics in the songs themselves to the artists using a live performance as a platform to get their own opinion out there. Guns of Brixton, Sunday Bloody Sunday are a couple of "Corkers" that tell you everything you need to know about a real historical event.

I do think people of any stripe have the right to say whatever they want, publicly or privately, as long as it's not hate mongering etc.,,,if I was running things Politically Correct would be toast, and No censorship of print or video whatsoever decide for yourselves what you and your family want to read or watch.

It's O.K.. LG! The backlash lead to the only Dixie Chicks album I've ever liked when it pushed them over to the rock side and into the guidance of Rick Rubin. I don't care what the artist I listen to politics are so it doesn't matter to me if they express it or not. It's America and we have the right to express what we want about our country good or bad and the country fans had the right to do the backlash as far as not supporting the group anymore. It lead the group to a more versatile audience that accepts free speech and lean towards a better genre IMO anyway! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online