The Biggest Jerk In Music?

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
Joe Elliot doesn't do himself any favours with his outspoken approach.

I've gradually lost respect for Def Leppard over the past few years. It's very obvious that the whole venture is now one giant pension fund for 'em. All pre-programmed bollocks-filled albums and note perfect, soul-less stadium shows. Saw em from 10 feet away at Download festival two years ago and there was not a single moment to lift the spirit. David Coverdale's hotch potch of a hired gun outfit (admittedly featuring two fantastic guitarists in Doug Aldrich and Reb Beach) absolutely blew them off stage.

Elliot's complaint that Leppard aren't taken as seriously as other bands is a case of the truth hurts. I love Hysteria and Pyromania and, hell, Mirroball is a cracking live album....but as far as warranting a place in history with the big fish (Beatles, Bowie, Stones, Zeppelin, Springsteen, Beach Boys, The Doors et al), forget it, because Def Leppard ain't even in that league.

Despite being a lifelong Leppard fan, Elliott also gets my vote.

some jerk

Banned
Reaction score
i lost interest in def leppard around the time of adrenalize, as soon as i heard the first single i thought "they have just made a copy of "hysteria". i dont know if they broke new ground after that.

same with dire straits. on every street was so much like "brothers in arms" it wasn't funny.

even "love over gold" and "pyromania" were exceptionally different to their following albums

i lost interest in them with hysteria. overproduced pop

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.