The Biggest Jerk In Music?

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
I agree with the demographic on Axl Rose.

While there are a lot of a-holes in the music business. I think my pick for biggest "male," jerks at the moment goes to (and I'm not surprised it's been mentioned yet) the guys of Kings of Leon. To my understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, the guys refused to play a show because of bird poop on stage. To flip out over something that could not have been controlled and easily cleaned up is pretty childish and pathetic if you ask me.

Although I will say that Nikki Sixx is right up there in the biggest douche-bag category. I remember watching an interview with him and he declared that Motley Crue is the greatest band in the history of the world. Um... sorry but even though I like a few of the Crue's songs, declaring that your the best band in the world is a huge joke.

Biggest bitch in the business, that hands down goes to Madonna. I'm sorry but I just can't stand her. She's such an arrogant floozy that will do anything to get attention. She thought that she was above the law when she took that Rwandan baby in such short notice even though the adoption law in Rwanda has a waiting period to receive a child. Plus to my understanding, the father of the boy she adopted didn't want to give him away. If that's true, wouldn't that be considered kidnapping? ... oh wait, this is Madonna! She can do what ever the hell she wants!

I love it how she claims that she cares about the people of Africa. Where the hell were you during the height of your fame to care for the people you claim to love a great deal? ... oh right, promoting a sex book. Gah! I just can't stand her! :banghead:

chambersbros

Reaction score
From the urban Dictionary:

Jerk = Jerks are selfish, manipulative bastards, cocky, self-centered, A bitch with a dick. A guy who is inconsiderate and does stupid things.

Take your pick......

ps...I find the urban dictionary quite funny!

mick jagger

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Biggest bitch in the business, that hands down goes to Madonna. I'm sorry but I just can't stand her. She's such an arrogant floozy that will do anything to get attention. She thought that she was above the law when she took that Rwandan baby in such short notice even though the adoption law in Rwanda has a waiting period to receive a child. Plus to my understanding, the father of the boy she adopted didn't want to give him away. If that's true, wouldn't that be considered kidnapping? ... oh wait, this is Madonna! She can do what ever the hell she wants!

I love it how she claims that she cares about the people of Africa. Where the hell were you during the height of your fame to care for the people you claim to love a great deal? ... oh right, promoting a sex book. Gah! I just can't stand her! :banghead:

Great post LadyB, and I agree wholeheartedly she is a reptile.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
There are a LOT of real jerks in the music industry. Too many to truly list off if ya wanted to make one to completion.

So who's the biggest? I don't know. But one that sticks with me at this very minute because I was just looking at Essential Ozzy, would be Ozzy Osbourne. This guy has had a career that I have enjoyed immensely. Just about everything he did from his day in Black Sabbath is great. Then his solo career from 1980 up to about 1995, I loved almost everything. Then he decided to "remaster" the first four studio albums. By "remaster", I mean he brought in studio musicians to re-create some of the music on those first four albums, most notably (and noticably) the guitar work.

WHY?

#1) I feel he shit on Randy's grave when he did this. I can almost see him doing this and trying to get away with it on the Jake E Lee albums, but the first two albums? I just don't get it. Especially considering how the guy basically talked about how he was almost "in love" with Randy.

#2) I think he flat out shit on the fans by doing this. Changing his legacy in the name of greed. "But Lynch, how does that make him greedy"? See point #3

#3) Ozzy has been involved in multiple lawsuits with the guys that originally recorded some of those first albums. Ozzy claims to have written every single song by himself, while we all know better and it was also the musicians around him that co-wrote many of those tunes. Some of those guys had even come back and played and recorded new material with him on later albums, showing who was bigger to forgive and forget, yet Ozzy still had to make a point of not sharing the wealth with them or giving them credit where credit was due.

But the bottom line is, why did he do all of this? I dunno. It could be greed. It could be Sharron. It could be a combo of the two. For those that aren't aware, has anyone heard or read about how Sharon supposedly admitted to having an affair with Randy back in the day? I'm not sure when she admitted this to Ozzy, but if it came in the 90's, would that possibly be enough to push Ozzy over the edge and re-record over the top of those first 4 albums, basically erasing some of those memories? AT the time, he couldn't do the same thing with any albums after about 1988 because Zakk was still in the band at the time and it would be shitting on him while he was standing/sitting right next to you.

*shrug*

Regardless of his reasons, shitting on those early band members by not giving them writing credits as well as shitting on the memories of a dearly beloved guitarist in Randy Rhoads, re-recording stuff, etc is flat out ****ed up. I haven't purchased anything from Ozzy since I bought that Essential CD years back and quite honestly, I don't think I ever will again. It was a shit move and in my opinion, almost an unforgivable thing to do.

I still like that music, the original versions of course, but I just don't think I'm going to ever give The Clown Prince of Rock any of my money ever again because of it. Total dick move.

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
Lynch is on the ball in regards to that whole Daisley/Kerslake/Soussan thing. Supposedly the "Real McCoy" versions of the first two albums are going to be rereleased sometime this year. Fingers crossed the O$bournes don't pull any dirty tricks at the last minute.

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
Axl Rose is up there too.

Also found this interesting bit on Kurt Cobain.
When they signed to a major label Kurt, Dave & Krist agreed to split the profits 33% each so it was even. Then Kurt Cobain later said he'd leave the band if it wasn't split 75% for him 25% for Krist and Dave to share. It was when he was wasting loads of money on heroin. Krist and Dave agreed with the contract just to keep Nirvana together, but kinda hurt the groups friendship.

Read about it in the book "Heavier Then Heaven" a biography on Kurt Cobain. Great read!

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
There are a LOT of real jerks in the music industry. Too many to truly list off if ya wanted to make one to completion.

So who's the biggest? I don't know. But one that sticks with me at this very minute because I was just looking at Essential Ozzy, would be Ozzy Osbourne. This guy has had a career that I have enjoyed immensely. Just about everything he did from his day in Black Sabbath is great. Then his solo career from 1980 up to about 1995, I loved almost everything. Then he decided to "remaster" the first four studio albums. By "remaster", I mean he brought in studio musicians to re-create some of the music on those first four albums, most notably (and noticably) the guitar work.

WHY?

#1) I feel he shit on Randy's grave when he did this. I can almost see him doing this and trying to get away with it on the Jake E Lee albums, but the first two albums? I just don't get it. Especially considering how the guy basically talked about how he was almost "in love" with Randy.

#2) I think he flat out shit on the fans by doing this. Changing his legacy in the name of greed. "But Lynch, how does that make him greedy"? See point #3

#3) Ozzy has been involved in multiple lawsuits with the guys that originally recorded some of those first albums. Ozzy claims to have written every single song by himself, while we all know better and it was also the musicians around him that co-wrote many of those tunes. Some of those guys had even come back and played and recorded new material with him on later albums, showing who was bigger to forgive and forget, yet Ozzy still had to make a point of not sharing the wealth with them or giving them credit where credit was due.

But the bottom line is, why did he do all of this? I dunno. It could be greed. It could be Sharron. It could be a combo of the two. For those that aren't aware, has anyone heard or read about how Sharon supposedly admitted to having an affair with Randy back in the day? I'm not sure when she admitted this to Ozzy, but if it came in the 90's, would that possibly be enough to push Ozzy over the edge and re-record over the top of those first 4 albums, basically erasing some of those memories? AT the time, he couldn't do the same thing with any albums after about 1988 because Zakk was still in the band at the time and it would be shitting on him while he was standing/sitting right next to you.

*shrug*

Regardless of his reasons, shitting on those early band members by not giving them writing credits as well as shitting on the memories of a dearly beloved guitarist in Randy Rhoads, re-recording stuff, etc is flat out ****ed up. I haven't purchased anything from Ozzy since I bought that Essential CD years back and quite honestly, I don't think I ever will again. It was a shit move and in my opinion, almost an unforgivable thing to do.

I still like that music, the original versions of course, but I just don't think I'm going to ever give The Clown Prince of Rock any of my money ever again because of it. Total dick move.

Nice work Lynch. I agree with what you said, and said much more eloquently than I'm capable of doing. That ****er ****** me off too. If you notice when I post a shozzy (sharron and ozzy) tune, I credit it to Jake, or Randy. Ozzy is a fat, waddling, ridicules looking fool of a frontman. I hate that bastard. I knew he ****ed Daisley out of writing credits, and took the drummer off the original tracks--but did that fat bastard really rerecord Randy Rhoads' guitar work? I hope Sharron gets hit by one of those red double decker busses that they have over in England.

Ozzy can **** his fat self. He's a clown as far as I'm concerned. Randy made him.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Heres more proof that Axl Rose is considered as a jerk

Axl Rose didn't have to jump into the crowd and take matters into his own hands just because some guy had a camera. He should of just continued to play the show because people paid good money to see them perform and Axl Rose should of respected that. Jumping into the crowd just shows that he can't handle or control himself.

The attacking the camera wasnt cool but frankly I dont blame him for wanting to leave after telling those dickheads to stop throwing shit. In general though I have to agree Axl does seem a bit of a jerk..

Whoever said Lars, YES absolutely.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I don't blame any artist for getting pissed when dumbass drunken buffoons are throwing things at them. I have never understood why they would do that...you pay for a ticket to go and see a band work their ass off playing music you like and have a great time. Even when I am deep in my cups I have never had the urge to throw anything at anyone at a concert, I would however gladly point out any losers who are throwing crap and have them kicked out.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online