The Biggest Jerk In Music?

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
HAHAHAHA!!!! :lmao: Man that's some funny shiznit

:oyea:

Thanks! I wanted the Britney as my avatar. :heheh:

I agree with EVH...I've been saying for awile now to bring back Michael. He may be a good player, but Wolf had done nothing for me and didn't fit in with VH's overall sense of cool.

Kuaizi

Reaction score
I agree with EVH...I've been saying for awile now to bring back Michael. He may be a good player, but Wolf had done nothing for me and didn't fit in with VH's overall sense of cool.

And not to mention Michael's trademark background vocals we all know and love! I'd love to see him back and tour again, so I can see them this time around hehe

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Constatine is the biggest jerk in music I have ever met. I did a benfit show out in LA at the Hard Rock Cafe, with him a while back. We are sitting in the green room and he asks who I am and I answer. Then he asks me "Do you know who I am." I look at him and answer "No. My manger just told me I was opening for someone named Constaine." Next thing you know he starts ranting " Don't you know who I am? I am Constatine. I was an American Idol finalist." I told him i dont watch American Idol. So pretty much I insulted his ego and he continued to ramble unitll I finally had to walk out and go chain smoke.
Sometimes I hate opening musicians that have once been someone or never really were anything pull that I am rock star and who are you B.S. Not to mention Iplugged him right after my set ended and he did not do the same for me which is a real jerk move.

Your story on this guy makes me think of an interview I read with Don Dokken a few years ago. During the interview, Don was asked who the biggest jerks were from other bands that he had ever encountered while touring over 20+ years.

In his answer, he explained that the guys from highly successful bands like Aerosmith, Kiss and Van Halen always treated him and the other guys in Dokken very well.

On the other hand, Don Dokken said it was the guys who were in bands only as successful as Dokken was (or even less successful) who were always the biggest jerks. The line he actually used was "the smaller the star, the bigger the ego."

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I have never heard of Constantine before...then again I have better things to do than watch Idol, I have not seen one episode and am rather proud of that.

Seein' the boys are taking more of a beatin' here, I'll nominate Diana Ross as one of the biggest jerks in music. A few years ago I was reading an article about the "Rules" of engagement whenever she is interviewed by a reporter. One that jumped out at me, the reporter is not to make direct eye contact, seeing they are inferior beings to one of the earliest Diva's in music Diana takes that as an insult to her lofty status as a celebrity. Talk about pathetic, I would like to know what these artists are thinking when they are not performing in front of their adoring fans...:think:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Yeah, John Mayer does have a high opinion of himself.

Although, I must admit I did get a kick out of it when he was being interviewed by some trashy magazine or something, and they asked him of his opinion on the public health debate in America at the time. This was after opening the interview with a question about the Nobel Peace Prize. He replied, and I quote:

Have you ever heard me play guitar? I’m really ******* good. You know what I’m bad at? Answering questions about public health care. This is not in my wheelhouse. Do you have any questions about music? I almost got a mad need to lighten up. You need to lighten up, because the questions you asked me were all troublemaking questions. If someone gave me the Nobel Peace Prize, and I didn’t deserve it, I would just shut my mouth and enjoy the hell out of it.

Which, while it does showcase the arrogance shown earlier, I do agree with the sentiments that no-one cares what John Mayer thinks about Obama's Peace prize, or the state of public health, or the next issue in this stupid interviewers list (seventies moustaches, of all things :wtf:), and that if you're going to interview a musician, TALK ABOUT THE MUSIC.

I agree. John Mayer's underlying point about his expertise being guitar playing as opposed to health care was very correct. It's just his delivery of the answer that was over the top.

:grinthumb

Shaz

Reaction score
^^I have never heard of Constantine before...then again I have better things to do than watch Idol, I have not seen one episode and am rather proud of that.

Seein' the boys are taking more of a beatin' here, I'll nominate Diana Ross as one of the biggest jerks in music. A few years ago I was reading an article about the "Rules" of engagement whenever she is interviewed by a reporter. One that jumped out at me, the reporter is not to make direct eye contact, seeing they are inferior beings to one of the earliest Diva's in music Diana takes that as an insult to her lofty status as a celebrity. Talk about pathetic, I would like to know what these artists are thinking when they are not performing in front of their adoring fans...:think:

The the thing is people like her make these demands and people accept them :wtf: Excuse me! If it wasn't for the her fans she would be a nobody. She should be down on her bended hands and knees thanking her fans for purchasing her music and showing a bit of respect, not acting like the world owes her a living :heheh:. I'm not a fan so she hasn't made a cent out of me. I can not and never will understand how so called celebs get treated like Gods :rolleyes:

SchindlerHaughton

Reaction score
Liam Gallagher would have to make my list, but he is bad in a funny way at times. He claims to be the reincarnation of John Lennon, despite being born in 1972. :p

Noel Gallagher, on the other hand, comes off as a smart, funny, decent guy in my opinion. I've seen him in interviews, he's really only bad to his fans if they are pushy.

Gene Simmons is an obvious one.

Lindsey Buckingham is an arrogant, controlling asshole from what I hear.

Courtney Love is a trainwreck who shit-talks people for a living.

Axl Rose is an aggressive, over-reactive prima donna.

As much as I love Pink Floyd, Roger Waters is a dick.

On the other hand...

I've heard good things about Richard Ashcroft from people who have met him.

Chris Martin seems to be a really open and down to earth person who writes about real things and stays true to his style.

Thom Yorke, while being shy, once stopped a concert when he saw someone in the audience having a seizure and made sure he got medical attention.

Colin Greenwood seems to be a fairly nice person, he's often referred to as the peacemaker of Radiohead.

All of Rush seems to be really nice.

Every member of the Dave Matthews Band also seems to be pretty nice as well.

Hank Williams, Jr. is an EXTREMELY nice person, and I'm convinced of that by a story I've heard. Basically, a guy had a heart attack at one of Hank's concerts, so he stopped the concert and made sure he got medical attention ASAP. Hank then visited the guy in the hospital and they kept in touch.

Dave Grohl is obvious. :p

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey Schindler! Lots of cool points in your first post here! By the way, since your new here feel free to make an introduction post and get to know the cool members here!

For your post, I'm not the hugest Radiohead fan but that's a real cool story and it was good of him to do unlike the asshole Fred Durst who encouraged more violence at their Woodstock gig that ended up having fire and multiple rapes!

As for Dave Matthews Band, I kind of think Dave Matthews is a dick for spilling all that shit from their boat in the water especially after portraying an image hat frowns on that stuff. :heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online