The Beatles

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
Re: The Beatles-- Band Of The Month-- June 2010

The Beatles, great job. Loved reading this thread.

Thanks for doing it.

John, Paul, George and Ringo would be proud.

THE BEATLES ARE THE GREAT ROCK BAND EVER.

Here's a video that's only appropriate to end this thread (hopefully this thread still goes on!) There's some great clips of the boys through out the years. This is awesome....

Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End

Thank you and everyone else who told me thanks!!!

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score

The Beatles...wow, what a great band.

I'm not a big memorabilia collector, but I got lucky on ebay last week, and now have one of these:

The-Beatles-Metal-Tray-372624.jpg

Mine's a little scratched up, but not too badly considering its from 1963. Still can't believe that I finally own one of these....and I only paid $11 for it! Seems too good to be true.

Wow thats awesome!

Are the signatures actually by the,, or is it pre-printed?

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I wonder what an authentic "Lennon" signature would sell for?

I found this piece of information about a signed LP by the Beatles:

beatlebay.com said:
There is a hierarchy of Beatles autographs as far as desirability and value goes. They are somewhat subjective and have possibly the most variance among Beatles collectibles. The value examples given here are merely recent pricing trends as of mid-1999. The item upon which an autograph appears has the most significant affect. First in line is a signed record cover or picture sleeve from the 1960's. There are the most desirable in that they encompass all the appeal that relates directly to their claim to fame. The Beatles, first and foremost, were about music, therefore signed LP's command anywhere from $20,000 up to $60,000, depending upon factors such as title, overall condition, and contrast of the signatures.

Wow! This site also tells the buyer to beware of forgeries.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Oh, and to commemorate John Lennon's 70th birthday this October, there will be a release of 8 of Lennon's solo albums (remastered) in a set to be called "Gimme Some Truth".

The albums to be remastered are:

• John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band (1970)
• Imagine (1971)
• Some Time In New York City (1972)
• Mind Games (1973)
• Walls and Bridges (1974)
• Rock ‘n’ Roll (1975)
• Double Fantasy Stripped Down (2010) / Double Fantasy (1980)
• Milk and Honey (1984)

Read more Here.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

from classicrock revisited

RINGO REVEALS HIS BEAUTY SECRETS
This news is brought to you by VH1 Radio's Dave Basner

On Wednesday, Ringo Starr turns 70. Most people who have seen the drummer recently would be shocked to learn his age. The former Beatle revealed to us his secrets for looking so good.

“The secrets are, well, I watch my diet, I work out and I live a good life. I’m not prone to a lot of stress so I stay away from that. I just do what I do and this is the result.”

Watch Ringo do what he does by catching his show tonight in Westbury, New York. Get all of Starr’s dates at RingoStarr.com.

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score

alg_11-million-dollar-picture-show.jpg

From NYDailyNews.com:

""The $11 Million Dollar Picture Show" album cover is the most expensive piece of Beatles memorabilia ever, according to BeatlesNews.com. It is now up for sale at Saint Giles Street Gallery in Norwich, England for, you guessed it, $11 million.

"The $11 Million Dollar Picture Show" is the famed Beatles "butcher cover" shot by photographer Robert Whitaker. It shows the Beatles dressed in butcher outfits and surrounded by body parts from dolls.

The cover is signed by John Lennon, who wrote "here's the famous banned butcher cover. You can sell it for $11 million dollars."

And that's just what Saint Giles Street Gallery is doing. The cover will be on display in the gallery as well as other rare images from photographer Robert Whitaker and a set of limited edition silkscreen prints of each Beatle.

Read more: Most expensive Beatles memorabilia ever! Saint Giles Street Gallery puts album up for sale for $11M

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

I'm sorry I just started reading this now , TB ..It's really good tho !

I've read about 100 books about The Beatles but some of this stuff I was not aware of..great !

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

I wonder what an authentic "Lennon" signature would sell for?

I found this piece of information about a signed LP by the Beatles:

Wow! This site also tells the buyer to beware of forgeries.

One of my friends dad worked in a hotel in NYC when John and Yoko were looking for a home (which wound up being the DAKOTA) . They stayed in several posh hotels until they bought The Dakota , and happened to stay in friends Dads' hotel . Got room sevice and signed the bill ,
John Lennon :)

My Friends dad STILL has that bill with the original signature on it !

I wonder WHAT it's worth ? It is dads' prize tho..I doubt he'd part with it !
He speaks of that like it happened yesterday. He claims he got into trouble for MISPLACING the bill lol

Cool tho !:cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online