The Auto-Tune Bash Thread

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Yep, I think it's the first time I'd heard it used too, didn't know what it was at the time but remember thinking why the hell has she done that hideous sound effect with her voice.

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
When I first heard that song I thought it sounded cool.. but that was when I was a kid or in my early teens. Now I just can't stand that sound effect.

Yep, I think it's the first time I'd heard it used too, didn't know what it was at the time but remember thinking why the hell has she done that hideous sound effect with her voice.
:heheh:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Thought I'd dig up this thread to show that auto-tune can be used as an effect or tool by choice rather out of need. Here's an artist who was hugely successful with it singing the songs his songs without it and sounding amazing! :grinthumb

T-Pain-T-Pain: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
Thought I'd dig up this thread to show that auto-tune can be used as an effect or tool by choice rather out of need. Here's an artist who was hugely successful with it singing the songs his songs without it and sounding amazing! :grinthumb

T-Pain-T-Pain: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert

Not bad! ,especially for someone who relied so heavily on auto-tune. I always thought that probably without that effect he couldn't sing for ****, but proven wrong :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Not bad! ,especially for someone who relied so heavily on auto-tune. I always thought that probably without that effect he couldn't sing for ****, but proven wrong :grinthumb

Exactly, when he started using autotune at the time it was before it was being used heavily and he said he wanted to sound different.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The day a band I like starts using it is the day that band should retire.

Radagast

Reaction score
Assuming that all know what auto-tune is and how it works (or doesn't ) is not good.
Please explain what auto-tune is and how it works ?

Is it like remixing or overdubbing ? Is it just used in studios ? Is there an auto-tune Hall of Shame ? Do you have a picture of one ?

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I'm one of the uneducated...

Can it be used during live shows, a 'real time' tool? Or is it a studio only thing? An after the fact, clean it up tool?

I think it would be useful live, as a way for a ticket buying fan to get their money's worth at a show.

I wouldn't have a problem with it being used to fix something like that.

Being used to sell records for someone who can't sing to begin with, well that's just greed.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online