Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Ear to ear...

AKG-K512-Mk.-II-Headphones-02.jpg

On sale at Frys... $70 off. AKG K512 MKII

Last edited:

spudnuto

Reaction score
a lady i work with just sold me some used stuff cheap...a pair of bose 201s for 20 bucks, a 70s kenwood receiver kr-4400, and a technics amp from 80s su-700 for 10 bucks. I haven't hooked up the receiver or amp.

i hooked the 201s up with an old bose acoustimas system...took the cubes off and hooked em up with the bass module. i'm using an early 80s pioneer amp (45 wpc) with them, an 80s pioneer tt, and a sony 100 cd changer from the 90s. Sounds pretty good. Records sound real good.

where i'm at now i have a couple floor-standing pioneer speakers from 80s cs-620...and sitting on top of them some newer andrew jones pioneer bookshelves...ihave them hooked up to sherwood $99 receiver i got at radio shack, an rx-4109 (100 wpc)...with another sony 100 cd changer i bought for 35 bucks and a jc penney mcs tt (made by technics) from 80s i bought for 25 bucks...tt has a shure m97xe cart. sounds good enuff.

Ihave a lot of cheap used stuff, but hey it sounds good enuff...for now. I am the destitute music lover. Plus, there's something about finding good vintage stuff that still works good that appeals to me.

also have a sony minidisc deck and a few other things currently not using. sorry...no pics :)

lottarosie

Reaction score
I've recently added a turntable to my CD based hi-fi system after many years of my records living in the attic. My son prompted me to get them down as he'd never cue'd a record in his life. The experience made me re-think the whole LP vs CD situation and now I play both formats, bit have their strengths. A good cartridge and turntable are really important to get the best sound quality and lowest noise, I have an old Linn LP12 and replaced the K9 cartridge which was worn with an Ortofon 2M Red cartridge which tracks much more securely - no more distortion on the inner tracks of the LP.

mrJim

Reaction score
So the Onkyo TX-SR606 Receiver I run on my home video entertainment setup began having some intermittent HDMI switching issues and now has started tripping into standby mode.

I am content plating performing certain surgical procedures on the unit. or just cutting my losses and making a move on some new equipment.

either way something is coming soon :)

Jim

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
IMG_0924_zpsefe404d0.jpg

Here's my humble little setup. Audio Technica USB turntable, a Pyle 90 watt mini-amp, and a pair of Sony 3-way speakers I paid 5 bucks for at the Good Will.

I'm still looking for a proper storage unit for my "system". It's in a spare room currently, on a chest of drawers.

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
^ The speakers looked horrid in the store, and I wasn't even sure everything worked. Some dried up suspicious-looking goop was all over the cloth covering on one, so I cut the covers off. Some scrubbing, touch-up paint and we're all good.

... and yes, they sound fab! :tongue:

Radagast

Reaction score
I have good electronics, but I have need of two good quality speakers for a small room. Two bookshelf cabinets with 8"mains with good mid & tweeter. I'm looking for mfg, model #, price ( not too high ). Color black or natural wood. Please post your suggestions and where the can be purchased or ordered, Thanks !

I may not be the only one that will be interested.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online