1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell us about your stereo!

Discussion in 'Rock Lounge' started by Hepcat, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Phil B.

Phil B. Far Out Man!

2. Phil B.

Phil B. Far Out Man!

So, you have had these a little while now. How do you like them? I'm all about outer earphones. Can't stand the earbuds. I have a pair of sennheiser's but they are getting worn out.

3. gcczep

gcczep Ever Onward...

Ear to Ear...

Hi Phil. The AKG is very good for a mid-priced model. It took some time for it to loosen up. It is well balanced. Senns were my first phones. Not as bulky as this AKG but did not block out noise as well.

Earbuds are OK only for me when I use them with my Ipod at the gym or doing housework.

4. gcczep

gcczep Ever Onward...

Sounds from the rear...

Simply nice... Basic but sometimes you can get the most out of the most stripped down set-ups.

5. gcczep

gcczep Ever Onward...

Taped Up...

Hi Jim...

Cassette decks are cool if you find one that is fully functional. The Akai I picked up months ago is doing great. Love those meters... I saw a Revox unit on eBay this past year. It was refurbished with new parts, with some upgraded and cleaned all over. Sold for less than $1K. Those models were all mechanical with no belts.

The MSB combo smooth and really sweet sounding. So much so that I kept it. It has up-sampling to 192khz. Does not have XLR connections but its unbalanced outs are just fine.

6. Black Dahlia

Black Dahlia A Seasoned Witch

Yup. Even I know that you can't just buy a great system. It must be built, with consideration for your listening habits, the room it is in, etc...

My turntable setup is nothing to brag about, but it does well enough for now. Although I think I'll be shopping for a sub-woofer soon,
    as these Sony SS-B1000 sound nice enough, but are a bit thin on the bottom-end.

Right now, I'm going for discrete, with quality a very close 2nd. :tongue:

7. Sunfist

Sunfist Junior Member

I don't actually have a system at the moment. I listen by way of my PC and a set of Grado SR325 headphones. I have become more and more interested in vinyl, only thing holding me back is the huge amount of space that ends up using to store all those big records. Eventually I know I am going to do it though.

8. JuddBonus

JuddBonus Member

Has anybody mention having a Barcus Berry 482i Sonic Maximizer yet.? :pimp:

[​IMG]

Theyve been around sense the 1990's and when they first came out I was playing with the first ones while dinking around on a Fostex X-15 during the mixdown, the changes in quality of the sound itself there but very suttle and it does make a great difference as well..

I have one on my PC system and one my main system (which I move when I mixdown on my DAW).. I really need to buy another so Ill have three for each system.. $114 MIB is worth the money.. (yeah you can get them cheaper on ebay..)

Highly recommended.. :grinthumb

9. wisertime

wisertime Keep on Truckin'

Vintage in my office.

Attached Files:

10. MetalHippie

MetalHippie Lone Wolf

Very cool.

My first stereo had an 8 track player. Now my "stereo" is my laptop with 2.1 speakers or my cheap headphones. But hey, it works for what I need.