Tell us about your stereo!

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
AKG-K512-Mk.-II-Headphones-02.jpg

On sale at Frys... $70 off. AKG K512 MKII

So, you have had these a little while now. How do you like them? I'm all about outer earphones. Can't stand the earbuds. I have a pair of sennheiser's but they are getting worn out.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Ear to Ear...

So, you have had these a little while now. How do you like them? I'm all about outer earphones. Can't stand the earbuds. I have a pair of sennheiser's but they are getting worn out.
Hi Phil. The AKG is very good for a mid-priced model. It took some time for it to loosen up. It is well balanced. Senns were my first phones. Not as bulky as this AKG but did not block out noise as well.

Earbuds are OK only for me when I use them with my Ipod at the gym or doing housework.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Taped Up...

its amazing how many cassette decks are kicking around these days. I was out this past weekend and came across no less than 6 units in the various pawn establishments. some of them looked to be in surprisingly decent shape, but then again didn't try them

Jim

gcczep; how'd the testing go with the MSD Link DAC that some "take your DAC seriously" equipment right there.
Hi Jim...

Cassette decks are cool if you find one that is fully functional. The Akai I picked up months ago is doing great. Love those meters... I saw a Revox unit on eBay this past year. It was refurbished with new parts, with some upgraded and cleaned all over. Sold for less than $1K. Those models were all mechanical with no belts.

The MSB combo smooth and really sweet sounding. So much so that I kept it. It has up-sampling to 192khz. Does not have XLR connections but its unbalanced outs are just fine.

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
Simply nice... Basic but sometimes you can get the most out of the most stripped down set-ups.

Yup. Even I know that you can't just buy a great system. It must be built, with consideration for your listening habits, the room it is in, etc...

My turntable setup is nothing to brag about, but it does well enough for now. Although I think I'll be shopping for a sub-woofer soon,
as these Sony SS-B1000 sound nice enough, but are a bit thin on the bottom-end.

Right now, I'm going for discrete, with quality a very close 2nd. :tongue:

Sunfist

Reaction score
I don't actually have a system at the moment. I listen by way of my PC and a set of Grado SR325 headphones. I have become more and more interested in vinyl, only thing holding me back is the huge amount of space that ends up using to store all those big records. Eventually I know I am going to do it though.

JuddBonus

Reaction score
Has anybody mention having a Barcus Berry 482i Sonic Maximizer yet.? :****:

482i-sonic-maximizer-12535-MLM20061494970_032014-O.gif

Theyve been around sense the 1990's and when they first came out I was playing with the first ones while dinking around on a Fostex X-15 during the mixdown, the changes in quality of the sound itself there but very suttle and it does make a great difference as well..

I have one on my PC system and one my main system (which I move when I mixdown on my DAW).. I really need to buy another so Ill have three for each system.. $114 MIB is worth the money.. (yeah you can get them cheaper on ebay..)

Highly recommended.. :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online