Tears For Fears (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
First album is great, got the CD, some great tracks and some good memories of listening to this on tape...

Pale Shelter

Radagast

Reaction score
Lend an ear

This great group deserves more play than they get. I enjoy their music and their work, "Everybody wants to rule the world" is in my top ten favorite song list.

Aero

Reaction score
The first two albums are both excellent. I'm sitting here thinking about what video I should post and more than a few are going through my head...

I think this song is one that should be heard more often.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
I understand that "Shout" was a result of the writer's experiences with Primal Scream psychotherapy,a process that John and Yoko were involved with in 1970.Between this, "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" and "Seeds of Love",they obviously possess a great sense of social conscience.I'm really into singers and bands that not only entertain,but also have meaningful things to say in their writings(which brings things back to Lennon).

jonnalinne

Reaction score
The first two albums are both excellent. I'm sitting here thinking about what video I should post and more than a few are going through my head...

I think this song is one that should be heard more often.

Possibly the most underrated song ever. From a fairly underrated band. The big fans have understood their greatness, though.
Don't miss Tomcats screaming outside if you like TFF. Superalbum!

Elemental is their best album imo.

Radagast

Reaction score
"Everyboby Wants to Rule the World"

Their finest song among many. They play gigs, but have they recorded any new /good music in the last 5 years ?

Reactions: E-Z

Marbles

Reaction score
"The Hurting" was a great album. I was less keen on the commercial "Songs ...." and didn't really get the reason for the shameless Beatles imitation on "Sowing The Seeds ....", although it was wonderfully well executed.

I never actually got around to seeing TFF in their heyday. I did, however, see them before they became TFF (when they were called Graduate) at the Grand Theatre in Leeds, supporting Judie Tzuke, in 1980. They certainly left me feeling that they were heading somewhere.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
It will be 18 years between the 2004 album Everybody Loves A Happy Ending and 2022's The Tipping Point.

A single/video has been released for the title track. It really has that old-school vibe without sounding dated, a really great song. Those 2 "still got it"

Tears For Fears-The Tipping Point

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online