Susie Suh

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Susie Suh
Susie+Suh.jpg

This Korean artist only has one full album out, 2005's self titled debut, but the sultry folk alternative artist leaves quite an imprint of her potential in that one album. When you have balladeer genius Glen Ballard so impressed that he goes from agreeing to only working a few songs to actually hearing you, changing his mind and doing the full album then you definitely have something! :grinthumb

Their are songs on here that can bring tears just because of Susie's delivery. Every word and syllable is felt and given life. She has this combination of sultriness and aching in her voice that's just beautiful! Check her out:

Susie Suh
Susie_Suh_cover.jpg
Susie+Suh.jpg

Give Me Heart

Recognition

Seasons Change

and the marquee for me! I'll be honest and say that this song makes me emotional EVERY time!

All I Want

Here's a newer version with more instrumentation and flourishes but while it's still good I'm still partial to the original!

All I Want w/ The Ahn Trio

If you like the emotion of female artist then definitely try this one! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Nice...in a mellow mood tonight huh?? My favorite was Give Me Heart

EASILY :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Nice...in a mellow mood tonight huh?? My favorite was Give Me Heart

EASILY :grinthumb

Well the other thread was bumped by Sal because he's going through a shoegaze faze and that was a band I through out a while ago that fit the M.O.! :D This is one that I've wanted to put up for a while but she has only one album. I'm in love with the All I Want song which I was really feeling tonight as I always get that way when I play it and decided tonight was the night to unleash it! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Love Is On The Way
1292856378_00-susie_suh-the_bakman_tapes-web-2010-enemy.jpg

Listen and dare to tell me one of two things. #1. Susie doesn't have a gorgeous vocal and #2. This don't just chill you out! I bet you can't say either! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online