Spooky Tooth (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Spooky Tooth

Oh yea! No doubt a great album.

The "Spooky Two" album sounds fabulous on a good stereo!

:phones:

I agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately I have to rely on my surround system since my kid cleverly placed gum on my turntable of the Fisher, so I have the MP3's which aren't nearly as great as the vinyl.

This song is named after me :D

Evil Woman

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score

They covered this:

Their version has been pulled.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I just acquired Spooky Tooth's debut album, somehow I never got into them that much. I'll play it later and share my thoughts.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Spooky Tooth!

Spooky Tooth was a band built around the vocals of Mike Harrison and the keyboards of Gary Wright that built a very decent following in the late sixties. Mike proved the one constant over the years as the band endured several personnel changes until they all called it quits in 1974.

Nonetheless, Spooky Tooth put out a lot of very good music and prog fans should definitely give the band a listen:

That Was Only Yesterday

Lost In My Dream

Among their studio albums, it's their second one that really stands out:

61NhbvUyKDL._SS400_.jpg

There is also this compilation but the best material is still from the album "Spooky Two":

b5f292c008a01ad3d1968010.L.jpg

:htg:

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Spooky Tooth!

I have one of their albums, but I can't remember the name, I'll check and see if it's the one Hep likes the most.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

The 1967-1969 lineup of Spooky Tooth was as follows:

Mike Harrison - Keyboards, Vocals
Gary Wright - Organ, Vocals
Luther (Luke) Grosvenor - Guitar, Vocals
Greg Ridley - Bass, Vocals
Mike Kellie - Drums

The first album that Spooky Tooth released during this time period was "It's All About" in 1968. This was subsequently repackaged and reissued as "Tobacco Road" in 1971.

41NS8QHB6KL._SS400_.jpg

It was the band's second album, "Spooky Two", that included the track "Better by You, Better than Me" that was subsequently to become infamous after being covered by Judas Priest. The parents of two teenagers claimed that the track contained subliminal messages that drove their children to suicide and filed an ultimately unsuccessful suit against Judas Priest. Here is Spooky Tooth's version (subliminal messages and all):

:D

Last edited:

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score

Discovered Spooky Tooth fairly late. I bought their second one and it is great!! I've Got Enough Heartaches is the best song on that album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online