Sooty's Top 20 Power Ballads

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
^^ I like Radiohead and Power Ballads. Not overly fanatic about either, but both are listenable :grinthumb

Oh, and nice list Sooty. Hard to argue there. Particularly like your choice for Metallica, I find "The Unforgiven" to be their best song personally :D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
^^ I like Radiohead and Power Ballads. Not overly fanatic about either, but both are listenable :grinthumb

Oh, and nice list Sooty. Hard to argue there. Particularly like your choice for Metallica, I find "The Unforgiven" to be their best song personally :D

Sweet! Glad to see we agree on something musically a well! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
First,,,Sooty do an index of your top 20 please...I am too lazy to do it for you.(Edit I did it for you...:D)

2nd...Lynch I happen to think Radiohead is a great band, and I like power ballads, in fact pretty much anything except 2 or 3 genres of music are fair game.:grinthumb

3rd...Fisha do you ever have anything positive to add anymore?? (Why don't you do a Fisha's top 20 list of songs you rate highly?...just a thought.)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
#20 Billy Idol - Cradle of Love
#19 Tesla - Signs
#18 Saigon - Kick Love Is On The Way
#17 Damn Yankees - High Enough
#16 Motley Crue - Home Sweet Home
#15 Warrant - I Saw Read
#14 Extreme - Stop The World
#13 White Lion - When Children Cry
#12 Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is
#11 Metallica - The Unforgiven
#10 Def Leppard - Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad
#09 Guns 'n Roses - November Rain
#08 Slaughter - Fly To The Angels
#07 Bon Jovi - Never Say Goodbye
#06 Queensryche - Silent Lucidity
#05 Mr. Big - Just Take My Heart
#04 Skid Row - I Remember You
#03 Van Halen - Not Enough
#02 Poison - Something To Believe In

Number One with a Silver Bullet Sooty's all time favorite Power Ballad, Aerosmith - What It Takes

Not bad at all Sooty, I could never make a list like this for any of my songs or genres. Some "Pearlers" for sure, and one that I really like from your list is Queensryche's "Silent Lucidity", that whole album is excellent.:tup:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Cool !! Made it to number 1 here...I Remember You is still a STRONG ballad to this day. Well played,sung and written. :grinthumb

I totally agree. :grinthumb

Also I can't say that I saw "What It Takes" coming, even though I really should have. I guess because I don't really look at that song as being a power ballad though it really does fit the criteria.

Fisha

Reaction score
First,,,Sooty do an index of your top 20 please...I am too lazy to do it for you.(Edit I did it for you...:D)

2nd...Lynch I happen to think Radiohead is a great band, and I like power ballads, in fact pretty much anything except 2 or 3 genres of music are fair game.:grinthumb

3rd...Fisha do you ever have anything positive to add anymore?? (Why don't you do a Fisha's top 20 list of songs you rate highly?...just a thought.)

I'm just getting the feeling my intentions were misinterpretted. I said "I have decided I don't like power ballads" because it was my thoughts in response to this thread. It was topical and non agressive. It wasnt' said for effect, I wasn't trolling, but I'm always happy when a post creates discussion. I mean a forums no fun if everyone just goes "I like this" and ignores everything they don't. Debate isn't the same as conflict and I would have been quite happy just to have a light hearted arguement and maybe we could all get something out of it.

I mean do you people seriously only go into threads where you like what's in there, cause if that's the case this isn't a "forum" it's just a fan club.

As for posting a list of songs I like I think I may just but I have a twist planned, we'll see who responds to a thread that they know they won't have anything positive to say.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Some people do go into threads just for stuff they like Fisha! It's their prerogative. I mean this is a place to enjoy, right? Also there is a place to debate bands but coming into artist threads to critique bands negatively or this thread where you already knew you hated the genre is different. Artist threads are for fans or for people to try. Coming in already hating a band is just derailing IMO. Top Twenty threads are meant for people to critique the bands picked and not the whole genre itself. If you hate the whole genre why would you want to touch the thread. If it was a top twenty Radiohead thread I would come in and comment on the songs you picked that I really liked. If I wanted to be negative I would say my piece in a handful of artist threads but I don't roll that way homy! :grinthumb Hope that cleared things up! :grinthumb

Fisha

Reaction score
I dind't know I disliked Power Ballads till I came into this thread. I know if I make a band thread I want people to come in and say what they dislike, not just unfounded bullshit but substantial reasons they dislike the band and that can lead to an interesting discussion about different peoples motives for liking different music. Don't those discussions have value to other people here?

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I dind't know I disliked Power Ballads till I came into this thread. I know if I make a band thread I want people to come in and say what they dislike, not just unfounded bullshit but substantial reasons they dislike the band and that can lead to an interesting discussion about different peoples motives for liking different music. Don't those discussions have value to other people here?

It rarely stays constructive and that's the nature of the beast! In a perfect world it could happen but people rarely go outside the realms of just hating shit! :heheh: I think there's more emotion for hating music than loving it sometimes which is sad! Seriously though, I can find an element of something I like in all artist! I don't care if that comes off as happy bullshit either! :D

I even like.....well.....tolerate a Celine Dion song and she's my least favorite artist! :peek

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online