Sooty's Top 20 Power Ballads

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Right guys, I was listening to this today and thought WoW! I'd call this a Power Ballard, Im coming to realise that they can come in different genres now and so Id like to share this one with you.

I know it may not be everyones cup of tea, its a very different track from Bauhaus compared to their other stuff.

Take a listen and see what you think.

Crowds by Bauhaus

Wow! I really like that power ballad or not! I've seriously never heard a Bauhaus track but that rocks or maybe as Fisha puts it my brain is programmed to like it! :oyea:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Naa, music is all algorithms, there's reasons you like everything that you do. The intellecualism isn't forced, it's in built, if you know what you like then you can knwo what you'll enjoy without having to hear it.

When it comes to something like the prog rock section, I am never going to traverse there if someone says "hey there's this great prog band you should listne to" I'm probably not going to bother giving it a listen, that's why you have to define the music, what's enjoyable etc, and in a sense challenge me to like it before i will feel compelled to give it a listen.

Not me! I like something from every genre, era, etc. I'm the antithesis of your theory and I'm a happier music fan for it! :grinthumb

Cinder

Reaction score
Thanks for the response Soot and Stars Im glad you like it. As for Fisha, awwwww bless him! Have you heard the expression "cutting one's nose off to spite one's face?"

How can anyone be programmed to listen to any genre of music?

If you'd like to learn more about Bauhaus Soot and Stars, Astrid has done a thread about them. Cant remember what vids are up but its info at your figure tips whilst youre on line :D

I have an open mind where music is concerned, yes I have my favourite genres like Rock, Gothic and some Electro and even Classical Music - see, no programme there lol. Im a mixed bag as they say.

I think if you are a lover of music then you have an open mind where music is concerned.

I am always appreciative of hearing something new and more so if I end up becoming a fan :D

rtbuck

Reaction score
I wanted to see the whole top 20 before I commented & Soot you did one hell of a job on this thread. For the most part watching this list unfold took me back to a Niteclub I hung out in back in the late 80's/early 90's called Sinbads where local & semi local bands played their original material mixed in with a few covers with the High Hair & Spandex. Those were some of the best times I had & in between the band's sets almost everyone of your top 20 were played by the DJ. The only fear I had back then was slow dancing with a female to one of these power ballads & then losing her to a band member at the end of the night! :wa LOL!!!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I wanted to see the whole top 20 before I commented & Soot you did one hell of a job on this thread. For the most part watching this list unfold took me back to a Niteclub I hung out in back in the late 80's/early 90's called Sinbads where local & semi local bands played their original material mixed in with a few covers with the High Hair & Spandex. Those were some of the best times I had & in between the band's sets almost everyone of your top 20 were played by the DJ. The only fear I had back then was slow dancing with a female to one of these power ballads & then losing her to a band member at the end of the night! :wa LOL!!!

Cool story RT! I think the only power ballad I can truly remember being at our school dances was The Scorpions "Winds of Change" which is really weird to dance to with a chick when you think about it! :heheh: Do you have a favorite song from my list! It seems everyone has a different pick from it which is awesome and I'm curious to see what yours is? :D

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
OK ........... just spent over 40 mins catching up with your thread Sooty. My favourites are:

When The Children Cry - White Lion
The Unforgiven - Metallica
Take My Heart - Mr Big
What It Takes - Aerosmith
November Rain - Guns N' Roses

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
OK ........... just spent over 40 mins catching up with your thread Sooty. My favourites are:

When The Children Cry - White Lion
The Unforgiven - Metallica
Take My Heart - Mr Big
What It Takes - Aerosmith
November Rain - Guns N' Roses

Ooooh, so some of these were new to you? That's even cooler that this might've been an introduction to some! :grinthumb

Fisha

Reaction score
Not me! I like something from every genre, era, etc. I'm the antithesis of your theory and I'm a happier music fan for it! :grinthumb

But you don't like every song so there are clearly things which you enjoy and other things you don't, if you pay attentiaon you can pinpoint those things so in the future you can give a genuine justification of whatyou do and don't enjoy and it can allow you to seak out music with much more acurracy.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online