Songs That Sound Way To Similar To Be Coincidence?

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Li'l Angel by The Cult sounds like The Rolling Stones' Black Sugar. Wild Flower reminds me of something too.

I'm always hearing songs that sound like others, but when it comes to listing them, I can't remember them!

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
Beginnings of Rock You Like A Hurricane - Scorpions and Sixteen Saltines - Jack white.

ignore the first 17 seconds of jack white.
Not a rip off im sure, just very similar, and a riff that popular isnt easy to accidently mimic.

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
Pixies - Broken Face

Nirvana - Lounge Act

I dont see it. Nirvana's is longer and starts with a small guitar solo, then evolves into verses. Pixies just dives right into course verse course and maintains that beat throughout most of the song. Maybe thats just me though..

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

Yeah, it be Blues related.....again! :wtf:

Billy Gibbon`s riff on La Grange is based on John Lee Hooker`s "Boogie Chillen".

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
I've been diggin' on Rockpile-related stuff lately, and discovered that the verses to these two songs are the same melody. I mean, I was actually singing out loud the Cinderella lyrics to Somebody Save Me while listening to Fool Too Long.

Fool Too Long - Rockpile (1980)

Somebody Save Me - Cinderella (1986)

Metal Health

Reaction score
Dazed And Confused by Led Zeppelin and Paranoid by Black Sabbath. The intro riff to Paranoid and in Dazed And Confused, there is a little riff about halfway through that Page plays only twice that sounds the same.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online