Simon and Garfunkel (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Art's always had a singular/unique voice, but his solo albums weren't close to the quality of Paul's, or S & G's either. I was never tempted to buy any of his solo works.

Likewise. Though I have listened to some of his work. I feel like Art's voice can't be properly utilized without Paul's songwriting.

Also, the other day a coworker and I watch a few episodes of Saturday Night Live from their first season and Paul Simon hosted the second episode. It was weird because there were only maybe 3 or 4 skits over the entire hour. The rest was filled with music, including 3 songs from Simon & Garfunkel. The version of "The Boxer" from that episode was really great in particular.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I've got Garfunkel's Across America, which is a live collection of many of the old hits plus Brght Eyes. I've often been tempted to get one of the early albums, but I noticed there is a good compilation called The Art Garfunkel Album. I've got some of Paul Simon's early solo albums, but, although S&G have had their moments on solo projects, they need each other. They did not make many albums, so I would love it if they got back together and recorded one more of new material.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I don't think Paul needed Art as much as can be said about the other direction. Paul had numerous terrific solo releases. However there is a lot of magic and chemistry when those two sing together and it really would be amazing if they would get back together for one more album.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I watched a doc on "Graceland" once and Paul said he was not overly proud of that album and it was recorded during a confusing point in his life and career. So I'd say yes. :p

TheYoungMan

Southern Man
Reaction score
I've grown with Paul and Art. And, with another bands, they were ma gate to the 60's rock (to the rock, I should say)

In fact I think they're now an underrtaed band. I say, maybe in 60's they had their recognition, but I can assure you now they haven't. Nowadays people talk about Beatles, Bod Dylan... and of course they meant a lot in 60's 70's music, but I tnink S&G have a place in that heaven.

CREAM'd

Reaction score
Anybody who's into Simon and Garfunkel need to hear this. Live in Paris 1970 boot.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online