Simon and Garfunkel (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Have you given those three that I mentioned earlier good listens in relatively recent memory? I think they are all on par with his first album. They're different sorts of albums than any of the S&G albums but they are still very high quality albums.

What made it their hardest album? In terms of the difficult of the songs themselves or are they less not as accessible?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^No I haven't listened to the 3 you mentioned in years Cosmic and I don't have his latest one, just didn't get around to picking it up.

The Royal Scam is SD's hardest rocking guitar driven album.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well....you never know if they'll have the effect of "Bat Out Of Hell" on you in retrospect. Just saying. ;)

Ooooooooooooooooh well that makes way more sense. :heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I'll try and get to them before summer is over Cosmic...:D But that means I have to get his last album, no excuses really I read enough good things about it but for some reason just didn't pick it up.

In another forum years ago the SD fanatics were all over me when I posted Royal Scam as my favorite, but after making a case for why I enjoyed it so much they eventually understood and one even ended up agreeing with me.:heheh:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
It was ranked highly on a number of "Best of 2011" lists and it has my seal of approval. ;)

The powers of your excellent persuasion no doubt. :heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Next time I'm feeling mellow I'll listen to Paul's solo albums.:D

Not sure how persuasive I was, but definitely being obstinate in the face of overwhelming negativity didn't hurt and when people revisit an old album you never know what they might take away from it.:heheh:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Alright then. :good

If they're not bullheaded then they might actually get something new out of it. ;)

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Next time I'm feeling mellow I'll listen to Paul's solo albums.:D

Has anyone heard Paul Simon's first Solo album? He did it in England around 1965 I think, so that album was done in between the 1st Simon & Garfunkel album "Wednesday Morning 3.A.M." in '64 & "The Sounds of Silence", so a number of songs which were on his solo album were redone for "The Sounds of Silence" album, but I'm guessing the solo versions were done Acoustically just like the first Simon & Garfunkel album.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^No I didn't know about his very first solo album CP/M, I always thought "Rhymin..." was his first.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online