similar to pink floyd

billyporter

Reaction score
which bands are the most similar to floyd? i'd love to hear some.
floyd from dark side of the moon onwards i mean.

although floyd are classed as prog rock they have nothing in common with genesis or yes for instance.
maybe there aren't any good floydy bands?

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I think Aussie group "The Church" have some Pink Floyd influences happening in their songs, though "The Church" are the kind of group which have adopted influences from various groups - they have an Album "Box of Birds" I think it's called which has songs which other groups had played in the past, which Influenced "The Church" and allowed them to play them for that album, though I haven't heard it, so I'm not totally sure about that.

One song I have heard which "The Church" did in 2009 which is only on the Pangaea EP is an epic 17 or 18 minute "So Love May Find Us" and the last part of the song (I tend to put it in 3 parts running around 6 minutes) has some Floyd Influences at work in that part of the song. Though given PF did some long songs themselves, it's interesting to compare I think. :)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Pink Floyd is a hard one to compare, IMHO. PF almost has a genre all its own....Floydian :whistle:

The closest I have found to Pink Floyd would be early Porcupine Tree like "The Sky Moves Sideways" album.

Sky Moves Sideways Phase 1

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
Sorry, nothing compares to the Floyd. They really are in a class by themselves.

Possibly some Rush in their quieter moments or, like someone mentioned, The Alan Parsons Project.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Red Rider sounds similar to later Pink Floyd (Animals, The Wall) but yeah, nothing really sounds like the early stuff.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online

No members online now.