Shocktober: October Shock Rock Spotlight

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Shocktober: October 2010 BOTM Shock Rock Spotlight

Soot was telling me about that...not seeing "boobies" on my end at all...I changed the picture out..please make sure it's the No Presents For Christmas cover. :grinthumb

Sorry about that...must be something with the link.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

The articles written by MM arne't showing up for me - just a bunch of boxes with red crosses in :wa Enjpyed watching the vids :tup:

Don't know much at all about King Diamond, MP, so will be good reading about them and listening to any songs posted :grinthumb

Just put them back in but if they "expire" again here's a link to all of them Tray! :grinthumb

Articles by Brian Warner

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Besides the killer songs I showcased above....what would SHOCKTOBER be without this song!!

HALLOWEEN!!!

Let's Party!!

king.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

:oyea:

Nothing to see here people...move along...back to SHOCKTOBER!!

7832.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Marilyn Manson: The Dichotomy Starts With A Name

Marilyn-Monroe_2.jpg + Charles%20Manson%5B5%5D.png

=

Marilyn+Manson.jpg

The origins of the Marilyn Manson moniker/band may be common knowledge to fans but still is one worth covering. As I said it started as a moniker he came up with so he could write about his own band in his reviews. Subsequently the band became Marilyn Manson and The Spooky Kids, later dropping The Spooky Kids part. Here's a quote from Marilyn in which he describes the origins of the name itself:

The name really describes everything that I have to say. Male and female, beauty and ugliness, and it's very American. It's a statement on the power that we give to icons like Marilyn Monroe and Charles Manson. It's about paradox - diametrically opposed archetypes.

Various members such as Twiggy Ramirez, Madonna Wayne Gacy, Ginger Fish and Daisy Berkowitz also developed the same themes with their names!​

Other statements Marilyn has made regarding the name are:

I picked that as the fakest stage name of all to say that this is what show business is, fake.

Marilyn Monroe wasn't even her real name, Charles Manson isn't his real name, and now, I'm taking that to be my real name. But what's real? You can't find the truth, you just pick the lie you like the best.

I was writing a lot of lyrics five or six years ago and the name Marilyn Manson, I thought really describes everything that I had to say, you know, male and female, beauty and ugliness, and it was just very American... It was a statement on the American culture, the power that we give to icons like Marilyn Monroe and Charles Manson and since that's where it's always gone from there. It's about the paradox. Diametrically opposed archetypes and then good.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

200px-Dani_Filth_red.jpg
cof-logo.gif
200px-Dani_Filth_red.jpg

Symphonic black/extreme metal band Cradle of Filth has been scaring parents since 1991. Headed up by vocalist Dani Filth, this scary band shows no signs of slowing down and will be releasing it's 9th album this year!!!

lytzo.jpg

cradle_of_filth.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

1sjsxk.jpg

On this Shocktober I present you GWAR, the world’s only extra-terrestrial rock band. Destined destroyers of the human race and reality as we know it. Ladies and Gentlemen, lock your doors and fear for your life because GWAR is on the rampage. Gwar wants to dump your mind into it’s “Bloody Pit of Horror”.

gwar_promo.jpg

Master of Gwar, Oderus Urungus:

oderus3.JPG

Balsac the Jaws of Death, the cultured guitarist:

426px-Balsac-jaws-of-death-02.jpg

Flattus Maximus, heroic shredder:

400px-GWAR-Flattus_Maximus.jpg

Beefcake the Mighty, destroyer of all things Bass:

Beefcake-the-mighty-03.jpg

Jizmak da Gusha, earth crushing pounder:

489px-Jizmak-da-gusha.jpg

Honestly, these guys are hilarious and here you can view them from 4 years ago on the Joan River’s Show. They poke immense amounts of fun at many political and immoral themes.

Surprise surprise, Gwar dazzles Jerry Springer, the Honorary Scum Dog, with their ‘Massage’ of horror….:heheh:

For those of you who think Marilyn Manson is the King of Shock, think again, Gwar slays Marilyn in a most humorous way:

Stay tuned while I present you with more Gwar, spilling blood and guts along their path of musical mayhem……………………..

b.o.b.

Reaction score

5a2hd.jpg

rammstein003.jpg

rammstein_pussy.jpg

Rammstein history begins on 28 August 1988. That day during an air rally held at U.S. base in the German town of Ramstein, three Italian military planes collide in air and fall.
American authorities of the military base not predicted any intervention service for this air rally! Planes on fire, with tanks full of fuel plunge directly into the public. Balance is terrible: 70 dead! Images of the carnage deep marks Germany. U.S. refuses to accept guilt and refuse any form of compensation to victims and their descendants.
Only in April 2001 U.S. authorities accept that they are responsible for the accident and awarded damages to the descendants of victims.

The group adds an "m" in the name of the locality, which in German means "ram", "guard."

For a long time the band members have denied any connection between the chosen name and catastrophe.

album-herzeleidAAAAAAAA.jpg

Their first album Herzeleid (Heartache) 1995 inflame the german industrial metal fans but has trouble penetrating the Anglophone media because of the language.
Group members were accused of belonging to neo-**** movement because of the cover album Herzeleid! Some saw in it "Herrenvolk” (masters race) predicted by Hitler. At that time intervenes the U.S. director David Lynch (Twin Peaks) who listen to the demo sent to him by the group. Lynch is delighted and place two of the songs on the soundtrack to "Lost Highway" with Marilyn Manson and David Bowie among others.

Rammstein - Rammstein - Directed by David Lynch

Rammstein - Du Riechst So Gut ("You Smell So Good")

mcafbb.jpg

Sehnsucht ("Longing") 1997

Rammstein - Engel

Rammstein - Du Hast (You have)

Rammstein-Mutter.jpg

Mutter (Mother) 2001

Rammstein - Ich Will ("I want")

Rammstein-Feuer Frei! ("Fire at will")

2721039370_6d8be93f44_o.jpg

Reise, Reise (Arise, Arise) 2004

Rammstein- Keine Lust (No Desire)

Rammstein - Mein Teil (My Part)