Shocktober: October Shock Rock Spotlight

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Shocktober: October 2010 BOTM Shock Rock Spotlight

Thanks for the info and contribution B.O.B.! I never knew that's where there name came from. On a related/slightly off topic note I LOVE every song off of Lost Highway! It's a great soundtrack! :grinthumb

b.o.b.

Reaction score

Thanks for the info and contribution B.O.B.! I never knew that's where there name came from. On a related/slightly off topic note I LOVE every song off of Lost Highway! It's a great soundtrack! :grinthumb

I am glad to contribute to this topic. I'm not quite a big fan of Rammstein but I added them here just because they are not very well known in U.S. :grinthumb. And also because this summer I saw their shock live show and it was a real experience :D.

rammstein-rosenrot.jpg

Rosenrot (Rose-red) 2005​

Rammstein - Benzin Live from Volkerball

Rammstein - Te Quiero Puta

Rammstein - Rosenrot

RAMMSTEIN_–_Liebe_ist_für_alle_da.jpg

Liebe ist für alle da (Love Is There For Everyone) 2009

The album was added to the index of the Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Medien (Federal Department for Media Harmful to Young Persons) in Germany, due to the track "Ich tu dir weh" (I Hurt You) and a picture inside the album booklet displaying Richard Kruspe spanking a nude woman.
16kqkp2.jpg

This means only adults can purchase the album; additionally, it must not be displayed in stores where minors have access. As a consequence, the album was re-released in Germany on November 16 in an edited version without the censored track and picture. The band still played the instrumental version song live in Germany until it was ultimately banned from live performances.

Rammstein - Ich Tu Dir Weh

And if you buy the de-luxe edition of their latest album you will get also this tool box :grinthumb:

Rammstein-Liebe-Ist-Fr-Alle-494690a.jpg

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

OOOooooo.....Rammstein is another good one for a shock experience! Nice addition b.o.b.

:tup:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Uhh...I overlooked the special bonus gift............what a neat collection of "gummy worms"

:lmao:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

GWAR and RAMMSTEIN!!! Right On!! What a cool thread!!

I love the latest Rammstein CD aot...I didn't get the deluxe tool box edition though. :flirt

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

MP this tv documentary programme was my first introduction to Cradle Of Filth several years ago (and is a fine example of how they scare parents :heheh:)

Do you think Gwar inspired the Finnish metal band Lordi in any way?! :think: :D

Thought it was great when they won the Eurovision song contest in 2006!

Nice write-up on Rammstein b.o.b. :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Tray that COF documentary was cool...I watched all three parts!! Thanks for that!! Cheers!! :cheers2

Harkat

Reaction score

Tray that COF documentary was cool...I watched all three parts!! Thanks for that!! Cheers!! :cheers2

Thanks for that, I was watching it when I saw your post xD

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Early Gwar songs, as shown on the debut, were simple and short songs. The first Gwar album is extremely punk, and one of most glorious albums for shredding and riffs. Then Gwar began experimenting more musically on their next 3 albums. If you dare to listen to Gwar, I would suggest you listen to these albums one at a time and space them out over time. Gwar can come across as merely a wall of noise, but if you listen the music is quite clever and the lyrics, although offensive at times, are actually quite humorous.

xksl1z.jpg

Pure as the Artic Snow off the debut, Hell-O, and outstanding song musically

Their second Album, Scumdogs of the Universe, is where metal meets punk. Some really great riffs and completely outrageous lyrics, the farther you get into the album the raunchier the lyrics become.

Salaminizer, has some fantastic guitar licks and riffs, but beware the language can be offensive. Gwar is a great show live

The 3rd release from Gwar, America Must Be Destroyed, is by far the heaviest metal album so far. This album also has some experimentation with bluesy style riffs as demonstrated in “Have You Seen Me”

Have you seen me is about the faces of missing kids you see on milk cartons, and can be disturbing to listen to

The 4th release, This Toilet Earth, saw some of the worst lyrics from the group so far. Lyrics so bad, that one of the songs was banned prior to release, and their record label dropped them. I wouldn’t let this scare me away, because there are some gems on this album.

Pepperoni, is a Zappa inspired shocker with some awesome music behind the horrible lyrics

animatedgif5.gifanimatedgif5.gifanimatedgif5.gif

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online