Shocktober: October Shock Rock Spotlight

rtbuck

Reaction score
Re: Shocktober: October 2010 BOTM Shock Rock Spotlight

^^^^Thanks Magic!! For some reason I stayed away from GWAR (I don't know why considering my tastes in music) but I now look forward to getting some stuff by them

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Marilyn Manson: A Spooky Group of Kids

group05.jpg
Marilyn Manson started performing under Marilyn Manson in 1989 and had the Spooky Kids until 1992. The group started when Marilyn met:

Micheal Scott Putesky/Daisy Berkowitz
daisy3.jpg
119825.jpg

Scott was a huge crucial element of the group. Marilyn had a lot of ideas but musically it was Scott at the beginning who was the musical talent behind the band. In the bands earliest recordings Scott wrote ALL the music to Marilyns poetry and played ALL the music himself. Marilyn's earliest vocals were more performance pieces using more spoken word than singing and he would use a megaphone to scream into. Up until the debut album, Portrait of an American Family Scott was still the main force behind the band as he had writing and co-writing credits on all but two songs! Scott was around until the recording of AntiChrist Superstar where a personality riff between him and Marilyn caused him to split!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Probably one of the biggets Black Metal bands out of Norway!! Not as scary as Gorgoroth but they get the job done when trying to scare old mom and dad.
dimmu-shagrath.jpg
Dimmu%20Borgir%20Logo%20and%20Symbol%20PP467.jpg
dimmu-shagrath.jpg

Dimmu+Borgir++2010.jpg

Dimmu-Borgir.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

OOOoooooo! MP is pulling black metal out of his devilish sleeves :D

[that's not fair, MP] :heheh:

I will retort with some dark and melancholy gothic metal. Everyone could use an injection of mournful guitars, droning drums, etheral synthesizers and overall "spooky" themes.

typeonegative.jpg

Type-O-Negative-sp03.jpg

While Type O Negative isn't really that frightening to look at, their music can produce goose bumps. This drab 4 put out an album in 2007, "Dead Again", which has some songs that are perfect for this Halloween season:

Type+O+Negative+-+Dead_again+FRONT.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online