Scorpions - 70's Edition (Official Thread)

Rocker440

Reaction score
Re: 70's SCORPIONS!!!

Holiday is a terrific song, but for whatever reason sometimes the Scorp's would shorten that song in their live set, or include it within a medley. Although some fans may well enjoy the shorten versions, I don't know why some bands will do that with songs that are popular and that many fans greatly enjoy in concert, especially particular songs that are both well liked and fan favorites, too. :bonk:

One of my favorite 70's era Scorpions songs, featuring Uli Jon! :tup:

Top Of The Bill

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Rockperson

Reaction score

Classic 70`s Scorps, brilliant guitar from Ulrich Roth, classic songs - We`ll Burn The Sky, In Trance, Evening Wind, Life`s like A River,In Your Park, Pictured Life, Catch Your Train,Yellow Raven,Sails of Charon.

I would of loved to have seen these back in the day.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

I like all of their stuff from the 70's, but mostly the last couple of albums. The very early stuff was a bit too proggish for me, but I've gotten to like it more and more over the years. I am a much bigger fan of the Matthias Jabs era of the band.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Getting into Scorpions I love the opening two tracks on Taken by Force.
Steamrock Fever.

We'll Burn The Sky

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I first heard the Scorpions when Lovedrive was released as a single from the album of the same name. I remember BBC Radio One DJ Tommy Vance saying it was hotter than the weather we were having at the time (1979). The follow-up, Animal Magnetism, in 1980, was as good. I am familiar with Winds of Change, but have not heard the albums from the eighties.

E-Z

Reaction score
Hey BIG EARS the LOVEDRIVE album was a good album of theres (possibly my favourite one of theres?) unfortunately pretty hard to find over here in the UK now days i haven't seen the cd version of it for maybe 9-10 years now?.

Michael Schenker (lead guitar) only plays on 3 numbers on the album if i recall correctly?. :D

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Hey BIG EARS the LOVEDRIVE album was a good album of theres (possibly my favourite one of theres?) unfortunately pretty hard to find over here in the UK now days i haven't seen the cd version of it for maybe 9-10 years now?.

Michael Schenker (lead guitar) only plays on 3 numbers on the album if i recall correctly?. :D

Yes, I think Lovedrive is my favourite album by the Scorpions, with Animal Magnetism a close second. Wikipedia says MS plays on Another Piece of Meat, Coast to Coast and Lovedrive. His presence certainly adds something to the album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online