Scorpions - 70's Edition (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Re: 70's SCORPIONS!!!

They have dates set out across Germany and the USA but not the UK as yet, but yeah I am sure you are right they have a healthy fan base here too.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Yes lets hope they add some U.K dates!! Last time i saw them they were in fine form with Roth and Michael Schenker guesting :)guitar rock god:bow::bow::bow:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That is one of my favorites LOU. I still have "Taken By Force" on vinyl...it has survived all these decades somehow.:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

It's on my list now Sox...you have been so impressed I Have to get my own copy now.:rock:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Love The Scorpions....70's - mid 80's, I enjoy the most.

I seen the Scorpions in concert only once, back in 84/85 for their Love at First Tour. And it was great. Matthias Jabs and Rudolf Schenker were crankin'. Amazing show.

I'm also a fan of Uli Roth.

First Scorpions album I ever heard?

Tokyo Tapes

2yl8b9t.jpg

Here's a double shot video , two songs in one video, of the sweet awesome rock ballad, ''In Search Of The Peace Of Mind'' and the hard rockin' ''All Night Long'' from the great Scorpions 1978 Live Album, ''Tokyo Tapes''

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score

I like the roughness of their songs, which was inherent in the 70's. And I'm sorry that Klaus has never sung at the concerts "Another Piece of Meat" in the chorus so hysterically, like on the studio version. In short, they cool!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I like the roughness of their songs, which was inherent in the 70's. And I'm sorry that Klaus has never sung at the concerts "Another Piece of Meat" in the chorus so hysterically, like on the studio version. In short, they cool!

Another Piece Of Meat is a JAM!!

Hard Rock

Rock out !
Reaction score

I cant believe i skipped over this thread before i posted my own in the 80's section. I am a Scorpions FREAK:pullhair: !!!!

Ill tell you i am torn between both eras. I listen to the 79-2010 more than the 72-77....but, when im in that 70's mode ? I go deep. Some of the slower stuff is so moody ill be listening to it while sitting on the back deck late at night after a good spring rain...the stuff almost puts you in a trance ( no pun intended ). No other band has got through to me on that level.

The first 70's era Scorps i got was back in 84 ( i was 12). It was one of their first RCA best of compilations....the one with the profile shot of a girls thigh and a** with a big black Scorpion crawling up it. I was expecting what i had already heard on blackout ect....WRONG ! I liked it then but thought it was a little weird. Over time i developed this pattern of getting way into that era for a few weeks then i will just stop. Not tired of it, just stop. Then something will remid me of it months later and im back on it.

I think this era is more "musicians" music. That is no slam on Matthias one bit. I prefer his playing the most actually but....it is a bit deeper of an era. Uli john roth is probably one of the least known underground guitar heroes on the face of the planet. Stunning.Yngwie pretty much copped him and didn't cite him as an influence until way later... Also, as much as klaus voice still ripped in the 80's i think the 70's was his peak. He was doing way out there screams...almost to the point where you go, " that can't be good on his voice"...and it wasn't.He had to have surgery in 81. But it made for some wicked sounds...he almost sounded like Jannis Joplin ( sp ?) at times with that wail. Dark lady , catch your train, virgin killer are good examples.

As time goes on this band as a whole gets noticed more and more. I like all of their stuff...im a headbanger at heart so Blackout , Cant live without you, now, hurricane, Hit between the eyes , alien nation ect are always being blared in my home but i have the utmost respect for the 70's era. Amazing stuff from an amazing band !

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online