1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scorpions - 70's Edition (Official Thread)

Discussion in '70's Music' started by METALPRIEST, Dec 15, 2009.

1. METALPRIEST

METALPRIEST Senior Member

[​IMG]

70's STYLE!!!!

Official Website

Lonesome Crow (1972)
    Fly to the Rainbow (1974)
    In Trance (1975)
    Virgin Killer (1976)
    Taken by Force (1977)
    Tokyo Tapes (1978)
    Lovedrive (1979)

Yes folks there is a BIG difference between 70's Scorpions and 80's Scorpions!!!

Thought it would be fun to share many of our favorite videos and albums or heck..concert experiences if you have any.

Now this doesn't mean that anything after Love Drive isn't good..FAR FROM IT!

IMO, all Scorpions is EPIC Scorpions!! But after searching for a Scorpions thread and not finding one..I thought this would be a great place to start with our metal boys from Germany, and also show others that may not be aware of their early work, that there is more to these guys than Rock You Like A Hurricane!!
    :grinthumb

[​IMG]

Of course these are the days when Uli Jon Roth was ion the band!

:cheers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. METALPRIEST

Re: 70's SCORPIONS!!!

OK...Now THIS KICKS ***!! I have to hear from others that have never heard this stuff..what they think.

Listen to THESE all the way through. Two of my favorites from Taken By Force!

[​IMG]

Steam Rock Fever

Sails Of Charon

3. taha

taha Senior Member

I think people forget how good they really were, you go back and think of all the LP's they had that just kicked asSSSS and they are at the top of any hard rock /metal list.

4. Flower

Flower retired

I saw the Scorpions in the summer of 2007 .. It was a fantastic show (I'm not a good reviewer .. I bow to Bucky and Foxhound when it comes to reviews) ... The Scorpions played all of their hits and they were on stage for over two hours, happy to be there, .. I would recommend seeing them to anyone if they tour again .. :grinthumb

I was not at this concert ...

5. METALPRIEST

^^^ Dang!!! From like :14 to :34 what happened???

:lmao:

Kidding! Nice clip...good song. Love all Scorpions...keep in mind though I'm focusing on 70's Scorpions here...that is unless the mods won't move it if the fans want to branch off to different decades as well.

That's fine with me...but they've been around since '72.

Thanks for the clip Flower! :grinthumb

6. LG

LG Fade To Black

I'm a fan,,of the early 70's Scorpions more than the 80's albums. The first album I bought was "Taken By Force", and I had never heard of them before I bought the vinyl record. Took me a while to get used to Klaus's vocals, but I warmed up to them over time. I used to have about 5 of their albums on vinyl but now I only have 2 CD's.

I'll be popping in here to see what MP comes up with seeing he is a "Cornucopia" of musical knowledge.:grinthumb

Note: You can do what you like MP, make it a general Scorpions thread and just do the complete band from the 70's forward.

7. METALPRIEST

:grinthumb

Well..right now I'm off to take the car to the shop...:mad: see you all on the flip side..this stinks...I'll be back. :grinthumb

8. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

9. Cosmic Harmony

Cosmic Harmony Senior Member

That's my favorite Scorpion tune right there. They guitar fills and solo are great and those huge power chords during the chorus are just awesome. :grinthumb

10. taha

taha Senior Member

Thing about the Scorps, they could go from ballad to metal in like two strokes of the strings !