"Sage Francis"

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Yep! I'm going to be that guy! It's the anything goes thread so I'm dropping a rapper in here!

sage-francis.jpg

This is a rapper who I own a c.d. from who I think is different from what most people hate about rap! This guys lyrics are real dark poetry and he delivers like a beat poet in a lot of his songs! He's more likely to drop a literary reference than any talk of shooting or bling! He goes from an old school sound to dark dreary soundscapes in his sound! I only own this c.d. from him:

"Human The Death Dance"

01765.jpg

but I really like everything off of it!

The first song I heard was:

"Underground For Dummies"
(His most mainstream sound but has an old school hip-hop vibe as he tells his history in the hip-hop business)

My favorites:

"Woke Up This Morning (ft. Jolie Holland)"
(really cool western vibe with a cool collaboration with Jolie Holland)

"Black Out White Night"

"Going Back to Rehab"

If you guys know this guy feel free to add to this because I only used one c.d. out of this guys whole catalog! Thoughts, opinion, comments! :tup:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Just found this thread Soot's! lol
Broken Wings is probably my favorite song!

Wow! I liked that one Sarah.! Hope you don't mind if I take the sails and post the vid for ya!

Broken Wings

I seriously think anyone who doesn't like rap for it's sampling and usual content should check this guy out! Like Thumper! Yes Thumper if you see this, this is the rapper I recommended to you! :grinthumb:lmao:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Everything I dislike about rap - I can instantly tell there is none of it here. I'm actually enjoying Broken Wings, you weren't kidding!

LG should have a listen! :spit:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Everything I dislike about rap - I can instantly tell there is none of it here. I'm actually enjoying Broken Wings, you weren't kidding!

LG should have a listen! :spit:

:lmao:

Now Sal I know I try to open peoples minds a little but I'm not a miracle worker! :lmao: I respect LGs opinion and his firm ground on just this one genre of music. Now other members, we might be talking. I'm just glad that their are two members on this whole forum who gave life to this artist on here! :grinthumb

Grunge

Grotesque Perversion
Reaction score
I've known the guy since hearing "Crumble" a few years ago. He's not too shabby honestly. The more underground they are the more respect I can have for them. Their lyrics are different from those of mainstream so called rappers. This is raw. This is real. "Personal Journals" and "Human The Dead Dance" are his prime albums in my opinion.

Does it sound familiar?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online