Register to remove these ads

Rush Documentary Wins Music DVD of the Year at Juno Awards

Discussion in 'Music/Concert DVD 's' started by TheHealer, Mar 27, 2011.

1. DaKillerWolf

DaKillerWolf Cosmic Time Warp Warrior

Beyond The Lighted Stage, is by far the best Rush doc I have ever seen. The early band coverage ( it even contains footage of Alex ripping it up as a kid in his basement !!) and the whole band story is just awesomely laid out. Any real Rush fan needs to see it regardless of what era they are a fan of.

His on going Metal Evolution doc. series is as good as anything he has done,IMO. And that is saying alot. Anyone who is fan of his other work is just cheating themselves if they are not watching.

Sam Dunn deserves the recognition he is receiving.

2. Khor1255

Khor1255 Senior Member

Yeah, it was the best music documentary I have ever seen (of course it doesn't hurt that it features my favorite rock band of all time). The way they laid everything out really finally connected the dots about some of the things we've been wondering about for quite some time. Really cool and forthright commentary. The look of pride on Neil's Father's (really all the parents) face is priceless.

These guys were very private and never let on too much about themselves. This was like a breath of fresh air and I actually got a little bit more respect for some of the people who commented on them from this video.

Fantastic video.

3. TheSound

TheSound An Englishman in New York

Best I've seen too, those guys are as charming, affectionate, good natured, and as amusing as they are talented, they maybe my favourite 'band' of all time, and this documentary is actually one of the main reasons I now feel that way, I don't even know how many times I've watched it, it's a glorious achievement.

4. Khor1255

Khor1255 Senior Member

Yeah, for a band that stayed hush hush for so many years the doc really lets you get a glimpse of some good natured down to earth folks who happen to rock the hell out of their instruments. Bravo!

Absolutely cool flick. I've watched docs of bands I didn't even like and came away with a better apreciation for them as a result. Curious thing that. But some of the archival footage from their early years is just absolutely incredible. I had to wonder the first time I saw it 'is this a reanactment?' because it was just too perfect to hear Alex defending his decision to try at professional musician. Brilliant.

5. cyggy

cyggy Cygnusx1

Is It just me or does Geddy seem to play so much more flashy enthusiastically and masterly on the Bass ? I've watched him on film for years but he seems to have a new lease of life ... exciting stuff !

6. METALPRIEST

METALPRIEST Senior Member

Yeah no problem. It's in the bonus features. :heheh: :grinthumb

7. JDMNewAgeHippie

JDMNewAgeHippie Junior Member

Any one know if this is on Netflix?

8. Recky

Recky Senior Member

I just got hold of this dvd...up until now, the only Rush song I'd heard was time stands still...consider me converted

9. Dr Chocolate

Dr Chocolate Junior Member

i find it hard to believe that they are an unknown band
    how is this so? i mean, i've known about them since i was like 2 or 3 years old.
    great documentary
    i like the fact that i can watch it with japanese subtitles
    and that dinner scene is classic
    they seem like alot more "down to earth" type band after seeing that movie
    makes me really want to go see them play live now
    and i can totally justify paying that much to see them
    it'd be worth it!

10. Vehicle

Vehicle Shinedown Fanboy

Goofing around on youtube, I happened across this.

I don't know if anyone has posted the entire doc, so I figured I would, just in case.