Rock's fifth symphony?

Big Generator

Reaction score
Zombeels said:
I can't stand Born to Run or Layla. Stairway to Heaven is OK but I've heard it way too many times. My nominations for Rock's fifth symphony are:
Animals - House Of The Rising Sun
Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear The Reaper
Uriah Heep - Madgician's Birthday
CCR - Have You Ever Seen The Rain
Buffalo Springfileld - For What It's Worth
Troggs - Wild Thing
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Lucky Man
Neil Young - Cinnamon Girl
Zombies - Time Of The Season
The Who - Baba O'Reilly

What's wrong with this list?

Zombeels - I'm totally with you on ELP, Blue Oyster Cult, the Who, Buffalo Springfield...and "Cinnamon Girl" is by far the best Neil Young song (although that's not saying much).

Last edited:

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
I don't think rock will ever be forgotten. It's like saying classical music will be lost and only one piece is going to be the standard bearer for the whole genre.

And I don't think any one song can be seen as THE song that stands out. Artists? Well as I said, the Beatles and Elvis generally come to mind. But I'm sure it will be around generations from now just like Mozart is still appreciated today - even more so than when he was alive.

RoxorFuxor

Awesome Monger
Reaction score
I don't like the Animals' version of House of the Rising Sun, but it is a classic.

Spike

Rock & Soul Archaelogist
Reaction score
DarkWishWall said:
Springsteen is one of the most important songwriters of the last century, and I think his masterpiece - Born To Run - is easily mentionable in the same breath as those other albums.

I agree entirely.

Spike

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online