Rock's fifth symphony?

Big Generator

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the "Tunnel of Love" album - but other than that Springsteen - like Dylan - is one of those artists who I respect - even though the music leaves me cold.

DarkWishWall

Reaction score
England - The birth of great music! Specifically B
Big Generator said:
Who has "Born To Run" influenced? I can't think of a single artist....

What?!! It has influenced popular music in it's entirety since it's release, just has those other albums have. The Who are a hugely influential and important band but I don't think they have one particular song that stands out completely except My Generation, which is extremely considerable for the title. Baba O'Reilly is a great track off a great album but is far from being one of the most important songs in the history of pop music. I doubt any song by Yes could seriously contend for the title.

As for me, after thinking about this more prominently I've been leaning towards Heartbreak Hotel....

Big Generator

Reaction score
DarkWishWall said:
What?!! It has influenced popular music in it's entirety since it's release....

I could list a thousand acts who clearly aren't influenced by "Born To Run"....

Big Generator

Reaction score
....Metallica....Journey...Britney....Nirvana....Red Hot Chili Peppers....System of a Down....Madonna....Van Halen....Chicago....Soundgarden.....Dr Dre.... ....etc....etc....etc....etc....

The one band who might have been influenced by "Born To Run" are....Bon Jovi.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I wouldn't be at all suprised if Born To Run influenced Madonna, Red Hot Chili Peppers, maybe Britney, Journey... It's an amazing song.

RoxorFuxor

Awesome Monger
Reaction score
Spike said:
Louie Louie

Spike
I totally agree. I don't think one person doesn't know of this song. I don't think many people my age knows who recorded it though.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online