Robin Trower (Official Thread)

E-Z

Reaction score
I must admit i was surprised how good a listen is of the Trower/Bruce live SEVEN MOONS cd is, pity it wasn't a bit longer or maybe a double cd with an extra concert thrown in as a bonus cd from the same tour?.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Cool track here. Love Robin's guitar tone on this track.

Long Misty Days

Hey Lynch.. I'm surprised you picked this song as something you liked.. Well at least the guitar part I mean but as a hardcore follower of Trower I can't tell you how disappointed this album was to me when it came out.. That's the frikkin title track to the album!!! :wtf: It was one of Trowers weakest LP's in my opinion. And scared the shit out of me thinking where did that guitar god go??
He had some flops and then he had some golden phoenix's. Long Misty Days was painfully a low fuel missle that never reached the atmosphere..
Do you care??? Just expressing my freedom of opinion here..:heheh:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Yeah I don't remember ever liking that album when I was younger. It certainly isn't close to the epic Bridge of Sighs, sophomore effort by Trower, but when I casually listen to some songs on that album now, I have more of an appreciation for it.

something about the guitar tone he used on the title track of Long Misty Days just grabs me now, where it years ago it didn't at all.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
^^^^ Lynch after thinking about this a bit today.. Long Misty Nights was right after his first live album.. Titled??? You got it.. "LIVE" but how many bands flopped out a studio LP after hitting the concert circuit? :D
In City Dreams .. Followed and it had a couple of more polished tunes.. But if you ever heard "Bluebird" off that LP.. It would bring back the horror of LMN..
Trowers gear set up BTW!! :grinthumb

MVC-501S.JPG

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Bought a little while ago another copy of 'Twice Removed From Yesterday' and found one of newspaper bits. It was a good read. :D

554508_697560076925668_710608731_n.jpg

Link to a bigger resolution below:

http://goo.gl/VlftWt

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online