Robin Trower (Official Thread)

E-Z

Reaction score
Re: Robin Trower

Yeah thats the one Slip'nn2Darkness, i havan't listened to it for 5-6 years also i dugout my VICTIMS OF THE FURY & BACK IT UP cassettes (i've got both albums on cds as well and i originally had both of these albums on vinyl back in the '80s) and had a listen to them both and they both sounded GREAT!!. I havan't heard both of these albums for a good 8-10 years i reckon?.

Marvin Gaye's INNER CITY BLUES (is that off of the WHATS GOING ON album?) i've only heard once and i know that it is a CLASSIC SOUL album but it didn't do alot for me on the first listen BUT like i said i know that it is a CLASSIC SOUL album and probably i should give it a few more listens before i pass judgment on it. As for Curtis Mayfield's SUPERFLY sound track that features FREDDIE'S DEAD that is one COOL ALBUM i love that album alot, yeah Robin would love both albums cos he loved black soul/blues as well as rock music :grinthumb

Last edited by a moderator:

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Re: Robin Trower

Here's the new Hannah video you requested MP.

You're right, it is a somewhat better made video. Song is stll kick butt!:grinthumb

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Caroline from the Passion album is one of Robin Trower's better post-classic era tracks. Davey Pattison of Gamma is the lead singer. Davey's work with Gamma (Ronnie Montrose) is as good as Jim's with Trower, but Pattison and Trower together doesn't quite work. Having said that, it is better than the Bruce, Trower and Husband lineup.

There is not much getting away from the fact that Robin Trower's best albums are the first four: Twice Removed From Yesterday, Bridge of Sighs, For Earth Below and Robin Trower Live! There is not one bad track on all four albums and that must be some sort of record.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Agreed again. The song Long misty days though is sung beautiful by James. Giving me chills.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Jim always sang well with Robin Trower. He wasn't a bad bass player or songwriter either. I think illness meant he had to do less.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online