Randy Rhoads - Would have been 55 today

E-Z

Reaction score
Wot i've read about Randy's death he didn't even wanna go up in that darn plane also don't forget apart from the pilot being killed a young woman in the Ozzy's road crew was also killed a long with Randy when she went a long for the ride as well.

It's one mutha that we lost Randy :mad

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Swap Randy with Jimi?? :wtf:

In ya dreams Cosmic Harmony in ya dreams... :mad

Maybe cos music had moved on in the 10 years between 1970 & 1980 but Jimi was and still in a class of his own.

:D

I don't need to dream because it's reality. Once someone or something in music (or in general really) reaches a point where people call it "the greatest ever" then it's reached the untouchable level where the reputation far exceeds the level of talent or output that was originally there. Jimi is recognized as the "greatest guitarist ever" what seems to be universally so with a bar set so unreasonably high even Jimi himself can't compare to his own reputation. So yes Jimi is far more overrated than Randy.

But really it's all Lemmy's, yours, my, and anyone else's opinion.

E-Z

Reaction score
JIMI HENDRIX was totally adept and masterful in playing in the following guitar styles-

1.Soul
2.Blues
3.Blues/Rock
4.R&B
5.Rock
6.Funk
7.Jazz
8.Long improvisation in Rock & Jazz
9.Acid-Rock
10.acoustic country blues

From about 1962 onwards JIMI HENDRIX was on the road playing with loads of R&B artist's on the 'chittlin circuit' backing up guy's such as LITTLE RICHARD, THE ISLEY BROTHERS, CURTIS KNIGHT and many other artist's gainning 'valuable experience' as a working musician before he was 'dicovered' in New York in 1966.

Randy was playing guitar from sometime during the 1970s and he had developed a neo-classical style of 'guitar shredding' for the 1980s and as good as Randy was and he was good he didn't have the broad depth of Jimi's guitar/musical skills at the time of his untimely death which was a sad lost to Randy as a person and to the rock world as a whole that he died so young.

Thats the way that i look at it other's would probably look at it differently nodoubt?.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Yes yes well that is all well and good but this is not the place to be getting into the nitty gritty of Jimi Hendrix's career so this is where that ends.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Redone version of a song originally on QR I (original guitars, newer vocals)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online