Randy Rhoads - Would have been 55 today

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
So few guitarist stand out with such passion as Randy had..when they do ,it seems they flitter into our world, dazzle us ,and then burst in flames..it's like their celestial power can only allow them to inhabit earth long enough to excite us..then leave us with their gifts and wanting more

Wow 55 ? He remains youthful and magical in my memory..R.I.P. Randy ..

E-Z

Reaction score
I read someting that Lemmy (Motorhead) said about Randy :heheh:

"Randy was a nice lad and he was good (on the axe) but he wasn't any better then a lot of guitarist's it's only since he died that he's got a lot bigger then wot he really was" :D

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score

"Randy was a nice lad and he was good (on the axe) but he wasn't any better then a lot of guitarist's it's only since he died that he's got a lot bigger then wot he really was" :D

Kinda like a lot of us who post on these forums, huh?

I have to say that Lemmy's estimation of Randy's performances and talent's are a bit minimized by his own talents.

Talk about calling the kettle Black...:heheh: Oh and I'm not even addressing the obvious disrespect included in the quote.

E-Z

Reaction score
Well i always recall what Robin Trower once said in an interview in the 1970s when he said-

"I want to say more with ONE note then a hundred notes" or words to that effect :grinthumb

This WASN'T a reference to Randy by the way.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Yes, and if I recall correctly Lemmy thinks Hendrix is the greatest guitarist ever and you could very easily swap out "Randy" with "Jimi" so....:bonk:

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
Real shame about Randy, seemed like a genuinely nice fella and as we all know, one Hell of an axeman. To my ears at least, he was very much the bridging point between Blackmore and Roth, and the full-blown neo-classical wankfest shredders (Malmsteen, MacAlpine, Impellitteri etc.) that would appear a few years later.

didn't randy co-write most of the songs on ozzy's first 2 albums?

Pretty much all of the material on the first two albums was written by Rhoads and Daisley, with Kerslake and Osbourne chipping in bits here and there.

E-Z

Reaction score
Yes, and if I recall correctly Lemmy thinks Hendrix is the greatest guitarist ever and you could very easily swap out "Randy" with "Jimi" so....:bonk:

Swap Randy with Jimi?? :wtf:

In ya dreams Cosmic Harmony in ya dreams... :mad

Maybe cos music had moved on in the 10 years between 1970 & 1980 but Jimi was and still in a class of his own.

:D

some jerk

Banned
Reaction score
Real shame about Randy, seemed like a genuinely nice fella and as we all know, one Hell of an axeman. To my ears at least, he was very much the bridging point between Blackmore and Roth, and the full-blown neo-classical wankfest shredders (Malmsteen, MacAlpine, Impellitteri etc.) that would appear a few years later.

Pretty much all of the material on the first two albums was written by Rhoads and Daisley, with Kerslake and Osbourne chipping in bits here and there.
i think diary of a madman is ozzy's best written album

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online