Randy Rhoads - Would have been 55 today

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Well, yesterday he would have been.

Randy-Rhoads.jpg

There isn't a lot of video footage of Randy available on the internet, but this link has 10 videos on it. Definitely check it out if you were/are a fan.

10 Randy Rhoads Videos That Rock

One of the bigger losses to rock when it comes to talent, influence and "what ifs / what could have beens"

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I can't imagine, if he was that good at young age, how he would have been right now.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
I personally thought Ozzy's career took a hit, when Randy Rhoads tragically perished.

I mean Jake E. Lee was good n' all...

But, who knows, right?

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
R.I.P. to a true legend!!! HIGHLY missed in the metal and rock community!!!

1204763932_f.jpg

CrazyConnie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He would of been three years younger the me. It sure doesn't seem
like it's been that long since he has left us.

You are truly missed Randy!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
A Huge loss for the rock world, he was just coming into his own and who knows what kind of legacy he could have left if he had lived a full lifespan.

:rip: you are missed Randy.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I didn't know this till recently, but Randy is buried in the same cemetery as both my grandparents.
11902180_83f6040075.jpg
Mt. View Cemetary San Bernardino Calif.
That is where I lived during my Jr High and High school years..

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Randy has always and likely will ALWAYS been my favorite guitarist. There's a lot of speculation on whether or not he'd have stayed with rock music had he not died but even if he did go full on classical I still would have picked up his work. The level of passion he had is not something we come across very often. I miss him dearly....

1.jpg

Khor1255

Reaction score
Randy Rhodes being alive today would have been perhaps as musically significant as Hendrix surviving a couple more years. I have no desire to compare the two they are from different schools altogether. But the level of influence he would have exhibited through the 80s might have made that a truly great decade for heavy (and perhaps classically leaning) rock. I have often heard that Mr. Rhodes wanted to ultimately gravitate into pure classical music but I can't help thinking that the right rock project would have drawn him to do various projects. He seemed utterly full of ideas and new approaches to old formulas. I have little doubt we would have benefitted immensely from his interaction with the entire music world.

RIP The world is a lesser place for your loss.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.